World Class Iceland

World Class Iceland Reykjavik Reviews

Chiqem Chiqem
Visiting Iceland, Reykjavic Oct 03, 2009
Hello

I visited Iceland for 4 days in Sept, here is a quick review of what we got up too.

Stayed in the Radisson Saga which was 5 mins by hired car to the Centre of Reykjavic.

Hotel was ideal and the staff were excellent. The room was large, great breakfast in the mornings and they made us feel really welcome.

We visited via our hired car, the Thingvellir National Park which was cool to see the split plates between the Eurasion and American sides, and visit the little church and the first parliment site-in the world! ,then we headed to the Geysir's which were pretty awesome to watch and then onto the Gulfoss Waterfall which was just outstanding. It was so feirce and wild looking. Not what we expected.

We aimed to visit the Blue Lagoon but got lost as the road signs in Iceland are not that great and we ended up off the beaten track in amongst towns and barren landscape, which was good in a way as it meant we got to see more of Iceland but not so great as we got lost and had to just head back on track for Reykjavic.

We had fantastic food in Iceland, the lamb is amazing and so is the oysters, we recommend the Indian Mango restraunt the best Lamb I have ever tasted, another good place to eat was the Tapas Bar, which was Icelandic Tapas with a spanish twist of course!. Meals are expensive though, on average about £120 GBP for a three course meal for two in a decent eatery! In the Indian Mango we had shared a starter, main each and a drink each and it came to £86 GBP. Thank goodness we had B&B rate in the hotel.

Another point about Iceland is if you want to buy Beers,or wine etc from the supermarket - you cant. There is only one chain of shop that does alcohol think it's called Vindubin..and its right in the centre of the city. As my partner spent hours seraching for some beers for the hotel, to avoid paying £6 a small beer bottle!! although for four beers in the shop its still £10.

We went whale watching with Elder, best company to go with as they provide big winter outfits to put on as the sea air was absolutley ffffrrreeezing!! Seen some Minkes, dolphins, porpoises and puffins. The sea is choppy so be prepared for some folk being seasick..like my boyf Paul,bless!

We could have did sooo much more but cash was tight and the weather was pretty miserable so we visited the museum, atr galleries and toured around the city and the harbour etc.

Overall great place to visit but take a load of cash to do the things you want. Good tip- Hire a car and do the faraway stuff like the geysirs and gulfoss, it's the golden circle trip i think. Why pay all that money per person when you can put in for a small car for the day at a good price, go at your own pace and visit FREE natural sites. It's a fraction of the cost.
Church House in Thingvellir Nation…
Bubbling Geysirs
Gullfoss Waterfall
Horse steering the sheep!
vaar vaar
Apr 12, 2007
There are many things to try in 'World Class Iceland' - like Spa, Open-air swimming pool (with warm wather), Fitness-center etc.

I tried the open-air swimmin pool, and I had so much fun! The wather is so warm and it's very cosy :) You can just sit down and relax. Or you can try the funny wather-slide!

I just saw the Fitness-center and it's very big. If you like fitness-centers this should be a good one - I think it is the best one in Iceland (that's what I've heard!).

If your going to Reykjavík, this should be a fun place to go.

(You can read more about it on their website)
The open-air swimming pool :)))

Check Reykjavik Hotel Deals