World Bar

Rua Dilas D'ávila, Salvador da Bahia, Brazil

World Bar Salvador da Bahia Reviews

worldcitizen worldcit…
Oct 20, 2006
World Bar is located in Barra in a cluster of bars and clubs. The way locals say it, it sounds like "whirl-gee bar"... this confused me so much at first! At this club they always have different bands performing different kinds of music on different days of the week. We always went for Friday night reggae. It started off with a live forro band and then moved onto a live reggae band. I never quite knew what was going on at this club but I remember that they give you a card when you enter and write your name on the list. I think you have to order a certain amount of drinks and have the bartenders mark it on your card. You pay for the drinks, plus a small cover I think when you leave. The mixed drinks weren't all that good, so you probably want to stick to beer there. If you want caipirinhas or some variation of that, go to the bar next door beforehand. The crowd is mostly young and local but we always seemed to meet students from the US who were studying abroad.
midthunj says:
Whirl-gee bar was our favorite venue when we lived in Salvador for 4 months in 2006! And we also went every friday for the reggae, especially to see this one band called Mohana! Amazing musicians :)
The atmosphere there is just awesome, and the people who work there are amazing, beautiful people:) I miss it!!
Posted on: Aug 06, 2008