Woorijip New York

(212) 244-1115

Woorijip New York Reviews

kyuri18 kyuri18
Affordable Korean self serve buffet Aug 03, 2009
This restaurant is a Korean self serve buffet which is located in Koreatown, 32nd street, in Manhattan. I went to this restaurant at least 3-4 times a week as it was close to my place, and I could have a quick bite or get a quick take out at affordable prices—It is hard to go over $10 per meal. Also, there were always many young women eating by themselves at the counter, so I didn’t have to feel lonely eating by myself.

The quality of food is not that great, but they always offer various selections of food. Maybe that is why the place is always packed with student-looking young people, especially Koreans. You can also buy many kinds of pre-packed containers of Korean food for take out, and some Korean drinks, alcohol, snack and noodles as well. You can of course eat them in the place as well after purchase.

They open quite late, 3 am, and it is still busy even after midnight just like in Korea—the restaurants in Seoul open until late or 24 hours as there are many people who eat late at night.

I thinks it is a good option if you want to taste a lot of food little by little, especially when you eat by yourself. And it will be fun just looking around the place if you just simply want to see how what Korean ordinary food, snacks and drinks are like.
ellechic says:
I love this place especially for a quick seafood udon soup you can order at the back... and its open at weee hours!~ ^_^
robzvoice says:
Great review, Annie! I LOVE Korean food, but it's really hard to find a good Korean restaurant (outside of Korea) that lives up to their great tasting dishes. I found two Korean restaurants in Hawaii and Alabama where the food was great so far. Most of the Korean restaurants I've been to around America and in Europe are not as good...at least to my standards of "being very good." They are okay but that's about it.
el_wray says:
What does "woorijip" mean? there is a woorijip here as well, but I don't think it's a branch. We were thinking that it's a family owned restaurant.

Check New York Hotel Deals