Woodford Folk Festival

87 Woodrow Rd, Woodford, Australia
(07) 5496 1066
Woodford Folk Festival - My humble accommodations for the two nights.
Woodford Folk Festival - Anyone need a ride?
Woodford Folk Festival - Just sitting and enjoying the atmosphere.
Woodford Folk Festival - One of the many shopping stalls.
Woodford Folk Festival - The huge Chai Tent.

Woodford Folk Festival Reviews

Sunflower300 Sunflowe…
Woodford Folk Festival Dec 30, 2006
This was a very new experience for me, I had heard of the festival before, (well it is the largest in the Sothern hemisphere!) but I didn't think it would be my idea of a good time. My friends that had been before could have been described at some time or another as grungy or hippy types. I agreed to go because I wanted to do something I wouldn't normally do and to spend some time with one of my best friends.

The festival ran from Dec 27 2006 until Jan 1 2007, although Renee and I only went for three days. I'm not big into camping, lately my idea of roughing it has been settling for a three star hotel, but I kept an open mind and agreed to sleep in a tent for two nights. We were lucky enough to know one of the stall keepers who had a fantastic campsite set up and there were plenty of shower and toilet facilities.

With so much to see and do, it is hard to decide where to go first. Renee wanted to see her old friend Sia whose partner ran the Chai tent, so we headed off and I got to experience my very first cup of Chai Tea. The rage of the festival seemed to be shoes of all things, Crocs. If you have never heard of them, they are a moulded rubber shoe that comes in nearly every colour under the sun and they really do look like the head of a crocodile. Absolutely everyone was wearing them. I am the proud owner of a basic black pair.

There were so many performers, over 2000, including music acts, magicians, street performers... all sorts of entertainers from all corners of the world, with 400 hundred events over the six days and six nights. As well as the live acts, there were stalls where you could buy anything from jewellery to witches broomsticks. There were also a wide range of food stalls to choose from; I ate Indian, Jamaican, and my favourite was from the African restaurant, Mother Africa, it was so delicious, but the thing that really got me was this wonderful drink called an Iced Spiced Soy Dandelion, its’ special ingredient being Mate, an energising herb from south America. I don’t have an addictive personality, however I can’t wait to go back and get another fix.

I really enjoyed myself there, the festival had a great vibe, there were so many people but there was no aggravation or tension. My only complaint at the end of my time there was that my feet hurt.
One of the many shopping stalls.
My humble accommodations for the t…
Just sitting and enjoying the atmo…
The huge Chai Tent.
azuresail says:
Woodford was an amazing experience, I went to the 2011/2012 festival which incorporated The Dreaming, an amazing Australian Aboriginal arts festival. It's great to get away for a while and immerse yourself into something really new and different. I would go for the food and for the people involved!
Posted on: Jan 07, 2012
Sunflower300 says:
LMAO You're a funny bugger.
I didn't buy my Crocs until I got back to town, it took the whole time for me to be swayed. I thought they were the ugliest shoes I had ever laid eyes on, but none of my friends who were wearing them complained about sore feet. LOL
Although, my feet are too proud to wear them out in public (except to festivals and such) I do wear them in the garden, but have 'prettied' them up with a little red apple Jibbitz. :)
Posted on: Mar 31, 2008
Sweetski says:
[lately my idea of roughing it has been settling for a three star hotel] LMAO :D

By the way: a lot of things can be said for Crocs, but not that they make your feet look pretty, no wonder they were hurt, probably both their sole and feelings :)
Posted on: Mar 31, 2008

Related Travel Blogs About Woodford Folk Festival

Queensland: Beautiful one day, perfect the next
Three weeks staying with my dad, will we both survive? Now THAT is the question. Dad lives on the sunny Sunshine Coast, one hour north of Brisbane. I had a wonderful time soaking up the sun and …folk festival in the Southern Hemisphere, the Woodford Folk Festival (see review). It was wonderful spending three weeks in shorts…

Check Woodford Hotel Deals