Wong Tai Sin Temple

Hong Kong, Hong Kong

Wong Tai Sin Temple Hong Kong Reviews

StephAAMU StephAAMU
Temple of All Temples Jul 25, 2011
Wong Tai Sin Temple is easily accessible via the Wong Tai Sin metro station. I scheduled a visit from 8:30 until around 10:30 am to explore the temple and the Good Wish Gardens located on the temple grounds. The temple is actually directly to the right of metro exit B2 so I didn't have to walk far to find it. There were vendors selling incense so people could ask for blessings and make offerings. As I approached the Temple entrance I noticed how vibrant the colors were and the large #'s of people there. I hadn't originally intended to visit this temple, I only visited after hearing one of my dorm mates talk about it and I was so glad that I added it. Out of all the temples in Asia that I visited all the others paled in comparison to this one.

I visited this temple near the end of my stay in HK, so the $2 HKD recommended donation was a relief b/c I was on a super tight budget. The courtyard before you enter the actual temple has 12 stone statues that correspond to the 12 animals associated with the Chinese zodiac.

At the entrance of the temple there is a sign that says that most prayers come true at this temple, so needless to say I sent lots of prayers and well wishes as I walked around the temple :). After walking around the temple grounds, I made my way back to the Good Wish Garden and found it to be magnificently beautiful! There were beautiful pagodas and a pond with lily pads and a stone dragon that spouted water. In another section there was a pond filled with huge coy fish and there was a water fountain and peaceful waterfalls. While I was in the garden it began to pour down raining so I sat under a pavilion until it stop and reveled in the beauty of the garden. An amazing thing happened while I was in the garden, the SUN came out! Today was the 1st day I'd seen the sun in HK. The gardens were even more amazing in the sunlight. There were beautiful rock formations and caves. This is the temple of all temples. It is highly recommended!
maddy500 says:
Good review, and congratulations on your first award! :)
Posted on: Jul 25, 2011

Related Travel Blogs About Wong Tai Sin Temple

Wong Tai Sin Temple & Po Lin Monastery, Hong Kong
Today, the weather is the hottest. The sun shines keep me sweat. Wong Tai Sin temple was very famous by it fortune telling. I was trying my luck there, I wanted to know how's my fortune on job and lo…Today, the weather is the hottest. The sun shines keep me sweat. Wong Tai Sin temple was very famous by…

Check Hong Kong Hotel Deals