Wombats City Hostel Munich

Wombats City Hostel Munich Rates and Deals

Wombats City Hostel Munich Reviews

jdig0304 jdig0304
Party Hostel Jun 03, 2011
The location is great, about 400 meters from the train station for all your intercity and intracity needs. This is definiately a party hostel so if drinking and party all night is not your thing then dont stay here. The rooms are a decent size and the communal areas are very nice with hammocks and bean bag chairs. The Wombar is where the party is at night. I frequent Munich a lot and I'll tell you there are nights when I forsake going out in the city to stay and party at the hostel. They have a second happy hour from midnight to 1 which guarantees the party keeps going deep into the night. Located nearby are two other hostels with bars making it easy to meet travelers and get drunk. Great place to stay at a higher price. Recommended for the party crowd.
MrD3071 MrD3071
A trusted brand! Feb 02, 2011
Wombats are brilliant hostels. It’s a backpacker’s playground at a slightly elevated price (compared to the western European norm). I really enjoyed my stay here, and I had visited some fun hostels before! The staff members were friendly, and even helped me as I no doubt failed to accurately communicate to them in Deutsch, correcting my Deutsch politely, which was much nicer then being demanded to speak in English! Good ol' friendly and knowledgeable stuff, that’s a first tick in my book!

I stayed in a dorm of 6, and my word it was a spacious dorm! I could actually move, even with my backpack on! That’s always a good sign! I wasn’t too bigger fan of the lockers though, not large enough to put your pack in, but certainly large enough to hold valuables. Last thing I needed to worry about was someone stealing my socks! The bathrooms also followed suite, spacious and clean, with lots of hot water, brilliant!

What really set this hostel apart in my eyes however was the 'atrium' our 'inside-outdoor- area, full of comfortable sofas and nice tropical plants, after a long morning of walking it was pretty awesome to sit a spell and read my book.

The Wombar, obviously an important place for backpackers, was clean and well stocked (no Tabasco sauce though!) and with the interactive bar staff creating drinking games for us to drink, long, fun and very messy nights followed, well at least the beds were pretty comfortable to nurse off that hangover!

There was a big canteen downstairs, next to a large laundry room, but I didn’t really visit those two rooms enough to pass any comments other then how clean they were. The place also had pretty cheap internet access, bonus! One of the best parts of the service provided by this hostel was the womtour. Ask for Ozzie (assuming he still works there, this was a while ago since I went!) and he will give you the best free tour of Munich, it was brilliant, well paced and very well informed, he doesn’t charge, but does expect a tip, I gave him 20 Euros because I was so impressed!

Overall, if you have read this and are still asking questions, go checkout the website, then book your room quick, they sell out fast, I promise you a good time when you stay in Wombats!
jojorain jojorain
best location to connect everywhere Apr 26, 2011
It is located in the very down town and easy access to the main train station/ trams, connecting every where in Munich. I felt it very convenient for discovering the city when i was there last year around Oct. 1 recommendation is if you go there after in Sept, better start to book it at least 1.5 month earlier as the Oktoberfest is near around, which affects the availability of the rooms and also for cost point of view.

Highly recommended!
tadeo tadeo
great!! Jun 12, 2011
this is a great place, im here now staying another night. They have an awesome atmosphere. The bar is great, i didnt even have to go out to the clubs the bar for the customers is more than enough, rooms are good and clean
Oyzteraqua Oyzteraq…
great hostel in munich and fun May 17, 2011
Best location, quiet and nice rooms and friendly people. Lockers and wireless internet access is good. Though wireless doesnot work in room. Bar next door in euro youth hostel. Near to all major beer gardens, hofbrohaus and marienplatz.
keepred keepred
cosy place Apr 27, 2011
It located in front of central station, very good location.

stuff was very friendly and helpful.

free wifi on the ground floor.

very recommended to people.

the only down side is the elevator very slow.
andy-m-g andy-m-g
Convienient but loud Mar 03, 2011
A bit of a party hostel. Great if you want to meet fellow travelers and easy access to the city as it is situated right outside the central station.
imperialistic88 imperial…
Jan 15, 2008
I arrived at Wombats Hostel in Munich, Germany, in March of 2006. I was with my school group and we were doing a Europe tour. We were greeted by a really nice guy who told us the rules and gave us a little bit of advice. He was very laid back and made us all feel really comfortable. The foyer is really nice, they have computers with internet access and a help desk (even though there was rarely anyone behind it as far as I could tell) and right in the middle of the building is a beautiful courtyard with plants and the like. We were put into a dorm with three bunk beds. 6 people to a group. Our room was very clean and we had our own private washroom with a shower. It was very sanitary. They have a bar/cafeteria which serves as an entertainment centre during the evenings. We didn't get to hang out there much but it was a pretty sweet environment. Breakfast was nice and they had a lot of variety in foods. The location was nice too even though there was a strip joint around the corner (the boys were pretty excited about that). It was a quick walk to the centre of the city and there was a pizza place about five seconds away. The one complaint I had about the place is that the elevators were ridiculously small. Three of us in one made us feel oddly claustrophobic. Our rooms were on one of the top floors so we resorted to dumping a bunch of our luggage in at a time and sending it down by itself three floors to be received by someone waiting at the first floor. It was interesting, to say the least. Also, we were in the first room on the third floor and the door has a nasty habit of jamming so I would check for that before accepting it. That door caused us a lot of trouble but that's another story. Hopefully, they've fixed it by now. Other than that, this hostel was amazing and is a big part of the reason why I loved Munich best out of everywhere we visited that trip. I would really recommend it, I'm going to Europe again this year and I won't hesitate to book it if I end up going back to Munich.
Typical six-bed room