Wombats CITY HOSTEL Vienna "THE BASE"

Grangasse 6, Vienna, Austria

Check Vienna Hotel Deals

Wombats CITY HOSTEL Vienna "THE BASE" Reviews

vixen2306 vixen2306
Amazing place... Apr 29, 2013
Although I stayed here only for one night as a stop-over on my way to Slovenia, I found nothing at fault with this hostel. On the opposite, I must admit I was very impressed with the entire set up and the size of the hostel.

I will not make any comments on how easy/difficult or close/far this hostel is from the center as I arrived very late evening and got a cab from bus station to the hostel. Next day, it was a cab ride from the hostel to a train station. So no comments here.

The downstairs check-in and common area is very big. The reception is on the ground floor together with a chill out area with internet access, a bar with pool table, a sun terrace, a kitchen and a dinning area. All very tastefully decorated and kept to the highest standard with all furnishings in a very good condition and clean.

All dorms are located on floors 1 to 7. Yes, 7 massive floors, with what must be at least 100+ beds available, as each floor has many rooms. 7 floors sounds scary if you think about carrying your luggage all the way up. Not to worry though as the hostel has a lift which takes you to all the floors.

To allow everyone to enjoy the peaceful sleep, there is a special metal door on the ground floor which gets closed in the evening not to let the noise from downstairs travel upstairs. Perfect solution to keep the noise contained only downstairs.

I stayed in 4-bed dorm which was very spacious with it's own private bathroom. All linen and towels were included in the price and the bed was very comfy. Had a great sleep :)

The bathroom was equipped with shower cabin, wash basin and toilet and was kept very clean.

The entire place is decorated with pleasant colours and simple, but tasteful furniture.

Although I did not purchase breakfast, I was still allowed to get some milk for my cereal in the morning. The breakfast buffet was set up just like in a hotel with lots of food varieties to choose from. It all looked delicious.

The only little downside was the internet which was free to use, but only available in the common areas downstairs. So no web surfing in the room.

The price per night - £14.50.

I would highly recommend this hostel for a stay in Vienna as it is a truly amazing place.
Entrance