Wollman Rink at Central Park

Central Park, New York, NY, USA

Wollman Rink at Central Park New York Reviews

Transitory Transito…
Wollman Rink, Central Park Mar 21, 2009
Wollman Rink is very accessible, not deep in Central Park. It's a fair size, and very beautiful in the winter time. You skate in the park, with skyscrapers surrounding the park.

Last time I went I was bugged for having my bag on me. It was a side messenger bag, smallish-like 8 inches by 6 inches, flat and close to my body but apparently it posed a risk, so I was forced to get a locker :(. So altogether it cost me around $20.00 to access the rink, skate rentals, and locker. Here's the website for official rates/hours info:

Wollman rink is larger than Bryant Park's skating rink but Bryant Park only charges for skate rentals IF you don't have your own. (Wollman RInk is owned by Trump, Bryant Park is a public park). Also, Wollman Rink is much larger than the Rockefeller Center skating Rink, and a much shorter line, as R.C. is super popular in the winter with tourists and locals alike.

I prefer Wollman Rink over Rockefeller Center Rink b/c of the size, and its location in Central Park. It's beautiful, magical. But I would say Bryant Park is a good competitor, esp. b/c it's open very late into the night, doesn't charge for access, nor ice skates if you have your own, and plays fun Oldies music into the night. Bryant Park rink has a much more fun vibe. I was in there this past winter in late Dec. '09, and always walk by when I'm in the area. It was open like around 11PM, with fairy lights in trees, snow on the ground, people laughing and taking pictures.

Check New York Hotel Deals