WizzAir Ukraine Kiev Reviews
WizzAir Ukraine - low budget European carrier May 08, 2011
WizzAir - low budget European carrier. Most people have different opinions about this company. Someone like it, but some do not. The most negative feedback I hear from people, whose flights were canceled with no advance warning. But it was a few years ago. Now, as far as I know, in such cases the company warns in advance and gives the right to choose a flight to another date without any surcharges. Also, there are people who don't reading the conditions of carriage and only at the airport learned that luggage must be paid separately.
I was flying only WizzAir Ukraine (had no experience with WizzAir Hungary). I had 8 flights and never had any problems. This year the WizzAir Ukraine canceled fee for the first piece of checked-in hold luggage, which reduces costs of already cheap tickets.
- Tickets are very cheap. By purchasing a ticket in advance you you can save money. I was flying from Kiev to Katowice for $35 (one-way ticket), then went by bus from Katowice airport to Krakow for $15. Total price - $50.
- Ticket price does not increase if you buy a ticket in one direction only.
- Kiev airport (Zhulyany) is located in the city, but not a hundred of kilometers away from city as usual do budget airlines. So you can save money, because to get anywhere in the city from the airport by public transport you can less than $1.
- New aircraft. WizzAir Ukraine has aircrafts with age of about 3 years. The last time I flew in May of this year, and the plane looked very good.
- Fairly good staff. I can’t say about WizzAir Hungary (have no experience as I said earlier), but the WizzAir Ukraine has fairly friendly staff. Maybe not all the staff are fluent in English, but I didn’t feel uncomfortable, because I speak their native language ;)
- There may be flight delays. I was usually lucky, but there were times when planes were delayed by 40 minutes.
- No free meal on the plane. As the most flights no longer than 2-3 hours, you can do without eat or prepare some snack before you board on the plane. On board you can buy drinks and snacks for an additional fee.
- Location of most airports is not very convenient. Usually they are located far from the city and you need to find out in advance how to get to / from the city and how much it will cost.
- Absence of connecting flights and prohibition of use of transit areas of airports. According to the rules of WizzAir, passengers can't use transit areas of the airports for transfer to another flight without passing through passport control. If a passenger is planning to fly in transit across the country, which require a visa, airline staff will not allow you to board a plane without a visa in the passport (although no visa is required for flight in transit). Non-EU citizens are facing this problem.
As for me, this is a perfect airline for travellers. After appearance in Ukraine, arose a great way to travel between Ukraine and Europe.
Join TravBuddy to leave comments, meet new friends and share travel tips!