Wisma Tujuh Guest House

Check Jakarta Hotel Deals

Wisma Tujuh Guest House Jakarta Reviews

keorachu keorachu
Wisma Tujuh Guest House Aug 08, 2008
I came across this guest house whilst searching for cheap accommodation in Jakarta.

When I arrived at the guest house, the owner was very polite but claimed to not have my booking registered in her system even though I had booked and paid online through a reputable site. Apparently they did not have any rooms available but was very accommodating and managed to organise for me to stay in her son's room which was away.

It turned out better as I paid little for private en-suite, double bed, air conditioning and a TV.

Although welcomed and accommodated by the guesthouse, the area is not so friendly. Being a single female westerner travelling by herself I felt like I was surrounded by locals and not many Westerners or Tourists. Locals that were not very friendly and appeared judging. I was even more concerned due to the threat of terrorism being high during Aug 2008.

Some food shops around, but not many. Internet Cafes are rare and I was quoted an absurd price.

Breakfast provided at the guest house was very nice. Communal area is nice, surrounded by garden and plants.

Very clean.

Although reasonable accommodation, the vibe of the area prompted me to cut my stay in Jakarta short by 2 days to travel onwards.
Chokk says:
Congratz on your MHHR award!!
Posted on: Aug 22, 2011

Related Travel Blogs About Wisma Tujuh Guest House

Dr Jekyll and My Hyde
8th August 2008From Denpasar to Jakarta.Weather: Hot, Humid, Stuffy, Yuck!A 'fun' day travelling from Kuta to Denpasar airport to catch a plane to Jakarta, Java.Flying Air Asia was always known to be…Jakarta, the guesthouse I am staying at, Wisma Tujuh Guest House, is lovely. The staff are very accommodating and he rooms…

Check Jakarta Hotel Deals