Winter Wonderland

Hyde Park, Hyde park, United Kingdom

Winter Wonderland Hyde park Reviews

fionamarie fionamar…
Winter Wonderland, Hyde Park, London where I lost my Christmas spirit for the night... Dec 21, 2012
So I love Christmas and was really looking forward to getting into the Christmas spirit by spending the evening at Winter Wonderland, Hyde Park, London, maybe picking a Saturday was a bad idea because by the end of the evening I’d turned into a fully fledge humbug...

To start with the tubes getting there were crammed, we skipped one hoping the next would be quieter; it wasn’t so we just fought our way on and off.

This is a large event with far too many people crammed into it, you spend half your time getting pushed and shoved from every direction, there also didn’t seem to be many signs pointing you in the right direction for the attractions so we ended up going round in a circles looking for the circus and ice kingdom. To get in is free however you do have to pay for the rides and attractions. Ice skating, an ice kingdom, circus and observation wheel are all pre-bookable on-line.

We had pre-paid for two of the attractions, the magical ice kingdom and cirque berserk:

The Magical Ice Kingdom, we had booked in for 8pm, £8.00 each plus a booking fee, the ice sculptures are impressive but everyone has to follow the same path around so you end up waiting for people to have their picture taken with the sculptures, you have to join a queue to go up and over the ice castle and down the slide, there is a photo opportunity on the way out which again causes a queue and blocks the exit path, we didn’t stop for this so I’m not sure how much they were charging for the photos.

Zippos cirque berserk, a dare devil show inspired by the brothers Grimm fairy tales, featured high-wire acts, motor cycle stunts and acrobatics. We had booked the 9pm showing which cost £10.50 each plus a booking fee. The tickets say arrive 20 minutes before to ensure you get a seat, so as advised we joined the queue at 8:40 and waited and waited...the previous show finally kicked out at 9pm and we were eventually let in when everyone else had filter out. We found the show pretty average, however the one thing that impressed was the Globe of death motor cycle stunt where numerous motorcycles enter into a mesh sphere and simultaneously ride inside it. On exiting other people were raving how fantastic it was so maybe we have just been spoilt by the Cirque du Soeil shows we have seen and been wowed by, I wasn’t expecting anything to that standard but the performers just seemed to lack enthusiasm and you could clearly see all the safety ropes etc, which kind of took the thrill out of things.

There are plenty of thrill rides/roller coasters/dodgems etc, I’m sure this could prove quite expensive for a family day out, the mouse roller coaster was £6 for adults and £4 for under 12s, the rides looked great but we didn’t get to experience them due to the queues and the time we had already allocated to the pre-bookable attractions.

They have cabins selling Christmas gifts, but I’ve seen much more interesting/varied gifts at the Christmas markets in Manchester and York.

There is plenty of food and drink on offer, Mulled wine, hot cider, beer, crepes, waffles, bratwurst to name but a few, the prices were high but around what you expect for a tourist event in London.

On the way out they had decided to shut Hyde Park Corner tube so rather than walking to the next station we decided to spoil ourselves and flag down, comfort, warmth, pure heaven.

Maybe if we had gone during the week the park would have been less crowded and we would have been able to enjoy the Christmas atmosphere. Be warned if you go here as a family expect it to be an expensive day out, probably a good job Christmas is only once a year ;) If I ever visited this event again I would make sure that it was on a week day.

Anyway I have now regained my Christmas spirit so happy holidays everyone and hope you have a great time whatever you celebrate.
hayley499 says:
coudnt agree more.
Posted on: Dec 30, 2012
mslellen says:
Congrats on your feature!
Posted on: Dec 27, 2012
Dr_Seuss says:
Congrats on today's feature Fiona :)
Posted on: Dec 27, 2012
bashmentbabe bashment…
Winter Fun for everyone ! Dec 23, 2010
Winter Wonderland is Located in Hyde Park, Nearest tube station is Hyde Park Corner... Entry to Winter Wonderland is Free but everything else is not be sure to have money on you for rides, food, drinks, tickets, ect.

Personally I really enjoyed winter wonderland it's like santa's playground, it's great for all the family... it dazzles, it sparkles and it shines all things Christmas.

The fairground rides all looked extremely thrilling they had everything from a Power Tower, waltzers, giant boats, and even a helter skelter.

Waffles and mulled wine perfume the air, Giant santa statues stand tall and craft stalls are dotted in every corner.

The main ticketed attractions

- Ice rink

- winter cirque

- hippos cirque

- observation wheel.

The ice rink costs £10 per person for 1 hour(£8 for children) although I only lasted about 15 minutes before I had had enough :).

The observation wheel costs around £20 for a family ticket.

Cool bars situated throughout incase you want to stop off for a drink, house of mirrors for a bit of reflection, haunted house for a fright and then you have the fun house which was definatly a good laugh, people tumbling over everywhere.

I had fun at winter wonderland and will be returning next year, I would recommend it to couples, families and groups of friends.
It's beginning to look alot like C…
jendara says:
Congratulations on your Featured Review:)
Sorry by the delay!!!!
Posted on: Jan 08, 2011
bashmentbabe says:
Thanks Guys
Posted on: Dec 29, 2010
Koralifix says:
Congrats on having this review of yours featured, Cheryl! Nicely done again!
Posted on: Dec 29, 2010

Related Travel Blogs About Winter Wonderland

Day two: Sights and sounds of Christmas London
Day two of my london 11 days trip! Today it is Christmas and nothing is open really! But we made sure we had to do something luckily. We bought tickets for the sights and sounds of London tour on Chr…Hyde parks winter wonderland. Once we got there it was closed! We were disappointed because we had built up an appetite…
London, England
Finally! An american style keyboard!  Of course by now I'm used to the italian and french keyboard so this one it taking a bit of time to get used to having again. This morning we took the Euro…winter wonderland' in hyde park.  i asked her to explain what it was and she had a hard time…
Day seven: The British museum and Winter Wonderland
Today we planned to see the British Museum! And we had tickets to the Winter Wonderland in Hyde park! We still hadn’t received the tickets so we had contacted the customer services earlier. We …Winter Wonderland in Hyde park! We still hadn’t received the tickets so we had contacted the customer services…

Compare London Hotel Rates (6.5km away)

Winter Wonderland Map