Winner Inn

Check Yangon Hotel Deals

Winner Inn Yangon Reviews

Cho Cho
Affordable small hotel in a residential area Aug 04, 2013
I have stayed at this hotel once, about four years ago on one of my regular trips to Yangon. It is located in a very nice residential area of the city. You can even walk to the great Shwedagon Pagoda from the hotel in 15-20 minutes, and if you're lucky you might get a room with a view of the pagoda which is THE undisputed landmark of Yangon. As a matter of fact, I used to live in this vicinity in my younger days. Actually this hotel was once a big house, and converted to a hotel by the owner who is a relative of a close friend of mine. My buddy was the one who recommended the place to me, and I got a good discount because of him. I paid only $20 a night for a room including breakfast that time. However, don't expect this low room rate nowadays, because of the current supply and demand due to the huge influx of tourists and businessmen coming into the country at present. I was told that the rate now is closer to $50 a night for a double room, which I think is still quite reasonable.

I believe a lot of international NGOs (non-governmental organizations) rent several rooms there on a long term basis for their permanent and temporary staff, so it is almost always full but it doesn't hurt to try.

The rooms were cleaned everyday when I was there, and the service is excellent. One time I asked for breakfast to be sent up to the room, and they willingly obliged. There is a refrigerator in every room (air conditioned), with bathroom attached, plus a TV and wi-fi connection. There is also an internet room next to the lobby. As I didn't take my laptop on that trip I used it a couple of times. If I remember correctly, I think the service charge was 700 kyats or around 80 US cents an hour.

About five minutes walk from the hotel, there are several upscale restaurants. One which I liked is an Indian restaurant where they offer both vegetarian and non-vegetarian meals. They serve the food on a banana leaf and several waiters are always around to ensure that your plate, sorry....banana leaf is always full!

The Winner Inn is quite easy to find if you're coming from the airport. In case the cab driver doesn't know the place, just tell him to go along Pyay Road, turn left at Inya Road, cross University Avenue and go down Bawdigoan slope where you'll see the hotel on the left side.
Entrance to Winner Inn
Welcome sign near Yangon airport o…
The reception is through the door …
This hotel used to be a house
X_Drive says:
Sounds like a pretty nice place! :D
Posted on: Aug 04, 2013
Cho says:
Yes, it is a nice place, but it is always full and one has to book several months in advance to get a room confirmation.
Posted on: Jun 24, 2013
yuness says:
Thanks Cho,for posting this hotel..this help me when I visit Myanmar one day :)
Posted on: Jun 24, 2013