Winnemucca Inn

Check Winnemucca Hotel Deals

Winnemucca Inn Reviews

mjs56 mjs56
night manager lied to me Jul 23, 2009
Could not get wifi to work in my room on first day. After multiple visits from maintenance man to try to fix it, reset the server somewhere in hotel, it was finally working. Second evening, wifi works until 7 PM and then goes signal. Maint. guy can;t get it working, eventually i ask for another room, manager tells me there are no other rooms available. 5 minutes later I call the reservation number, get the SAME manager and ask if they have any rooms available - he says yes, they have both Queens and double queens available. I walk to front desk and ask the manager why he lied to me. He got testy and mean and said he did not lie, but he would not move me to another room because that would be a room that he could not sell then. I said I wanted my money back - he said that he could not do that, either. In a huff, after i asked for his name and the names of the general managers, he said he would let me bring my computer to an unused room but he would bet that I would not be able to connect. After making the wrong key the first time, he finally let me into a room at the other end of the building and sure enough, I got a STRONG wifi signal. He let me move rooms. Tomorrow I ask for a reduction in my bill, too.
mjs56 says:
As a followup, when i went to check out it turns out that the manager had charged me a HIGHER rate for the new room to which he had moved me. So not only did he lie to me, and do his best to NOT help solve the problem, he also then charged me more for all the hassle. Unbelievable!

So, I asked for a full refund and the desk manager called over the general manager who said the best she could do was a $10 discount on the room and I insisted on not paying for the second night given all the hassle above, and eventually the desk clerk gave in and gave me that second night for free. Small consolation for all the hassle. Clearly the Winnemucca Inn is a place where the customer is always wrong. oh well, there are other hotels in town, and i made sure that the nice government folks who brought me there also knew all about the experience so that they can use other hotels in the future, too.
Posted on: Jul 27, 2009

Winnemucca Inn Overview

The Winnemucca Inn is situated a few minutes from Interstate 80. Several famous spots in the area include the Winnemucca Convention & Visitors Center and the Winnemucca Municipal Golf Course. A host of restaurants, shopping centers, casinos and theaters are also close by.

More than 105 guest rooms and suites are available at the Winnemucca Inn. These accommodations are complete with LCD televisions, ironing facilities, coffee makers, fax machines and dataport phones with free local calls. Bathrooms come with hair dryers and vanity sinks.

The Winnemucca Inn features a casino with state-of-the-art slot machines. This property also has an outdoor heated swimming pool, an arcade room, a sports bar and meeting/banquet facilities that can cater up to 100 people. Free shuttle services are likewise offered.

Winnemucca Inn Amenities