158 Oudegracht, Utrecht, Netherlands
Winkel van Sinkel - Lunch at the Winkel van Sinkel

Winkel van Sinkel Utrecht Reviews

VanMora VanMora
Would not recommend going here Jan 17, 2015
I had dinner at their Tapaskelder (Tapas basement) few nights ago and I would not recommend going here. Although their bar personnel upstairs is quick and friendly, the waiters down stairs weren't really willing to do anything for you.

The tapas were okay, but I have had better in Utrecht. For what you're getting, you're paying a lot. Their cocktails weren't well-balanced at all, too much cachaça in the caipirinhas, and not enough lime. Anton's cocktail, their special cocktail, was just horrible.

To top it all off, there were mice running around in the basement. Of course that doesn't make the eating experience -which wasn't all too good- any better. I told the staff, so I hope they're going to do something about it. Seeing a furry little friend running through the legs of another patron is something that does not increase the appetite.
maryanntravel maryannt…
Lunch at the Winkel van Sinkel Jun 22, 2010
I had walked passed the Winkel van Sinkel many times and decided that it was about time to try the food here. The Winkel van Sinkel is a large grandcafe/restaurant. It serves lunch, dinner, cocktails at night and good wines all day long. It is located on the Oudegracht, you cannot miss it.

There was a good choice of lunch dishes. I chose the Waldkorn bun with smoked chicken, apple salad, fennel and mixed nuts and it tasted really good. However, for 7.95 euros it was pretty expensive. I assume you also pay for the ambience, which is very nice. This old building used to be a warehouse and the decorations are still in tact. It could use some tender loving care though.

The staff was friendly, but not that quick. Despite the pretty high prices I can recommend this restaurant to visitors to Utrecht.
My Waldkorn bun
Lunch at the Winkel van Sinkel
sarahelaine sarahela…
Nov 07, 2007
Winkel van Sinkel is a large café restaurant by the canal in Utrecht. I've walked past this place almost every day for months, and never had anyone to go in with, so I was very pleased to have a chance to go there when my friends from work and I went out for dinner.

We ate upstairs in the café restaurant, but my quick tour on the way to the toilets found a cocktail bar, a downstairs restaurant, and a terrace on the canal. The restaurant is large but that doesn't damage the ambience, and it's nicely decorated downstairs. The food came quickly and service was both fast and smiley. I had a kipsaté - chicken saté - and it was really, really nice. Portions were quite large and again came quickly. Disapointingly for 8pm on a Thursday, the toilets were already dirty and one was blocked. That's the first time I've seen that in the Netherlands, and it's a shame.

There were flyers advertising club nights, and it's a real shame that I wasn't there on one of those nights - I can imagine it would be a great venue. Although how the combination of a cocktail bar and a canalside would go together is a bit of a thought...

My 2 beers and kipsaté came to 20€ including tip. I would definately go back given the chance and the company.

Check Utrecht Hotel Deals