Wingate by Wyndham Bentonville Airport

Check Bentonville Hotel Deals

Wingate by Wyndham Bentonville Airport Reviews

jenniescharm jenniesc…
Convenient to airport but not to town Nov 21, 2014
When I lived in Little Rock, a friend and I talked quite often about spending a weekend exploring northwest Arkansas – Fayetteville, Eureka Springs, etc. Of course we never made it while I lived there, so after seven years of living elsewhere I decided it was time to finally follow through. For the second half of the trip, we explored the Fayetteville/Bentonville area. As a Wyndham Rewards member, I picked the Wingate by the Northwest Regional Airport.

The hotel is fairly new/up-to-date and caters to the business crowd with free airport shuttles and breakfast that starts at 5:00AM. Our room, a double queen, was spacious and clean. We had plenty of room to spread out without tripping over each other or our suitcases. Sound-proofing is also excellent as the hotel was full with Arkansas Razorback fans in town for the game, yet our room and the hallways remained quiet. The elevators were very fast, though the hotel might want to update the “What’s happening” notices as the ones I saw were for 2009.

I didn't use the pool or hot tub, but the children who did had a lot of fun splashing around. The fitness center was basic – a few cardio options and weight machine - but got the job done. Breakfast lasted most of the morning and included the usual hotel standards of eggs, sausage or bacon, waffles, bagels and English muffins, juice and coffee.

While the hotel itself is nice, the location is a bit of a negative. It is in the middle of nowhere with no signs that anything else is coming any time soon. We had to drive at least 15 mins to get to restaurants, stores, attractions. I had to make a special trip to the gas station to refuel the rental car as there isn't a gas station on the way from the hotel to the airport. Not that it was terribly out of the way, but it definitely wasn't on the way from one to the other.

For a two night stay, it wasn't bad. More than that, a hotel closer to town would be a better option unless you like to drive or are looking for a little isolation.

Check Bentonville Hotel Deals