Wines of Southern France

Wines of Southern France Reviews

petitefleur petitefl…
Aug 28, 2007
Voila! It's finally time to start penning down my thoughts of the great wines of France before the tastes fade away from my lingering buds as I move Southwest ;)

Being a city chic, it was truly inspiring to be in one of the greatest wine-producing countries in the world. Whatever critics you may have, I still believe that the French wines are the best in the world. Personal preferences here. Being in France, I finally understood how the climate affects the growth of the vines, and whenever the weather changes, I would imagine how the wines of 2007 would evolve to become. From my observations, it is a relatively hot summer, with little rainfall over the south, thus the next harvest should boast of acidic, fruity, and moderately intense wines. Can't wait to taste my predictions :)

So, in the South.. I tasted the most roses I have ever tasted in my life. I do not understand why people in Asia do not drink enough rose. It is a wonderful wine for the warm and humid Asian climate, and a glass of chilled rose's the perfect drink to beat the heat, especially in that beautiful summer shade of pink. Besides that, I also love the underestimated whites and reds of the South. Great value for the pocket, easy drinking, and goes perfectly well with Mediterranean cuisine! ;)

So here's the list of my recommendations..

Grand Revlette

Chateau Simone

Baux de Provence L'Affectif Oustau de Baumaniere

Bandol Tempier

Cote D'Aix-en-Provence La Brillane

That's the best that I can remember for now, in a rumbled mix of appellations, areas, and wine names. Sante! :)
France Map