Winery At Holy Cross Abbey

3011 U.S. 50, Canon City, CO, USA - (719) 276-5191

Winery At Holy Cross Abbey Canon City Reviews

walterman9999 walterma…
Winery at Holy Cross Abbey, Canon City, Colorado USA Aug 01, 2016
Driving Hwy 50 in Canon City you can see Holy Cross Abbey in the Southeast. Across a large vineyard is a separate sign for the Abbie's Winery. The brotherhood tended the grape vines and processed the grapes to fine wines. Their nice shaded Winery had very nice employees inside handing me wine glasses to sample.

Everybody inside the Winery was in a good mood. There were many fine wines to pick from and I got the fine wine in the blue bottles. Good thing for the free tasting cuz I don't know one wine from another. I got two sealed bottles; and had the cork opened on the third bottle...that found its way into my ice chest. As suggested by Winery, I had ice chest with wine in the back of the truck so it wouldn't be an open container thing. They even sold the Winery tee shirts.

I asked at the Winery and they said that Holy Cross Abbie is sometimes open to the public, but not today. They sometimes have occasions closed to the public, like today.I did a short photo opp at the outside of Holy Cross Abbie. I had a good time at the Winery and its a new regular stop for me.
The Winery
The Winery
walterman9999 says:
Only about ten
Posted on: Aug 01, 2016
Zagnut66 says:
I hope you didn't drink too many free samples before driving off! :)
Posted on: Aug 01, 2016