Wine Tasting

Tucson, Arizona

Wine Tasting Tucson Reviews

Africancrab Africanc…
American Influence on the Wine World Jul 03, 2010
My boyfriend Mark took me to a wine tasting at the Starr Pass Marriott Resort in Tucson on Saturday, July 3, 2010. The theme for the wine tasting was the influence the United States had had on International Wine production.

This was the first time I was attending a wine tasting that included pairing. I must add, I was pleasantly surprised at how well the chef paired each of the 5 wines we tasted. The wines included 2 whites and 3 reds;

1.A Riesling (2006) from Australia

2.A chardonnay (2005) from Napa valley, California

3.A Zinfandel (2006) from Creek valley, California

4. A chateau Cabannieux (2000) from Graves, France

5. A Rioja Reserva (2002) from Spain

The wine tasting is part of a continuous lesson held every Saturday for all who want to learn the secrets of good wine.

Highly recommended.

Where: Starr Pass Marriott Resort

When: Every Saturday

Time: 3:00 - 4:00 pm

Reservation: Not required but advisable

Plus the view out there is breath-taking.
Africancrab says:
Indeed, I thoroughly enjoyed myself. The company was great too. Perhaps I got too happy with the French Cabbannieux. It was great with the peppered duck.
Posted on: Jul 08, 2010
Mark184 says:
Great review! A fun way to spend a Saturday afternoon.
Posted on: Jul 08, 2010

Related Travel Blogs About Wine Tasting

California Wines at Hacienda Del Sol
I particularly don't like California wines, nothing against California but I never seem to get the right wine. I always try something three times before I can say I don't like it; I don't like Califo…Tucson based wine tasting group leader Lee, decided to invite the group to an exclusive wine tasting at Hacienda Del Sol on a Tuesday…
White Christmas Wine Tasting
Who says we can’t have a White Christmas in Tucson? We met at Catavinos where Yvonne featured white wines with a Holiday theme. We tasted six different white wines ranging from $11.99 to 13.99.&nbs…Tucson? We met at Catavinos where Yvonne featured white wines with a Holiday theme. We tasted six different white wines
The Practice of Wine Tasting
I wanted to write about wine tasting as an art and an activity that is almost divine and sacred: In the old times it was a tradition throughout Europe and the South Americas, but as cross-cultural in…wine tasting in the United States at the Callaghan Vineyards. Mid of 2007 I moved to Tucson from Sonoita but did not do any wine

Check Tucson Hotel Deals