Wine Tasting Notes: Rhone Blending

Star Pass Mariott Resort, Tucson, AZ, USA

Wine Tasting Notes: Rhone Blending Tucson Reviews

Africancrab Africanc…
Wine Tasting Notes: Vognier Aug 28, 2010
Viognier is well known for it's floral aroma caused by terpenes. Terpenes are mainly found in Muscat and Reisling wines. There are also many other powerful flower and fruit aromas wich can be percieved in these wines depending on where they were grown.

I was rather suprised that i liked the Vognier. I'm not much into white wines, but this one was particularly good. The color and aroma suggest a sweet wine, yet the Vognier is a dry white. It is a low acidity wine, highly recommended for those who have problem with acidity.

I understand it is sometimes used to soften other wines due to it's softening qualities. In wine making, the grapes are harvested early in the morning to produce the clearest juice possible.

During the blending, we mixed Vognier with Carignane (red wine) and Grenache (also a red). The blend was outstanding.
Africancrab says:
Funny you call it cheap, it is rather pricey here in the US. I guess because it is imported.
Posted on: Sep 01, 2010
bernard69 says:
Ladies usually like Viognier!for us it was a local wine and the only grape of Condrieu wine around 40 km south of Lyon.
We very often drink this cheap wine or also Macon(Chardonnay)wine in Lyon "canteens":)
Posted on: Aug 31, 2010