Windsor Inn & Suites Tyler

Windsor Inn & Suites Tyler Rates and Deals

Windsor Inn & Suites Tyler Reviews

cavlizzy cavlizzy
Nice affordable Inn tucked in Tyler, Texas Jun 05, 2011
I am rating this hotel above average because of all the things I will mention. I reserve excellent for 4 star hotels that have everything!

When I come to East Texas to visit family, Tyler is a nice "in-between" spot to stay and be able to visit many within a 100 mile radius!

I just happened upon this by luck. Most people come to Tyler for the Famous gorgeous Tyler Roses. The Tyler Rose Garden is only 3-4 miles from this hotel.

Many places to eat close by... lots of Mexican food and Ribs!

The rooms are large, either 2 queen size beds or a King size. You may request either one. This is a 2 story hotel. The top floor is smoking Only. The bottom is NON-smoking.

You may also request Handicap rooms.

I have found requesting a room further back is less noisy. Not only from the street, but from people coming back and forth.

Each room has a small refrigerator, ironing board with iron, and AMPLE room around the bathroom sink! Love this part. It is also separate from the shower area which is nice. But this does make the toilet and shower close together. But a nice trade off I think.

Here is something neat... they do have "suites". But only 2. One for smoking ,, and one for non-smoking. I was offered the option since it was only about 40.00?? dollars more. Can't quite remember, but not much. It came with a jacuzzi BESIDE the bed, separate from the bath. I thought, wow, how can I pass that up in Tyler? So, I said yes, knowing my girls would get a kick out of that.

I looked the rooms up on line and you can see each suite. One is decorated sorta Roman, the other is more of a Caribbean Theme. Since I love Rome, I asked for that one. But was told it was the smoking one. So I went for the beach!! Everything was painted...Even the Ceiling was painted!!! (see pics) I don't want to seem like I am spamming so you may send me a note IF you want the website to see both rooms, I only have pics of one. I do not own/or market this hotel!!! The rooms were just cute for small East Texas.

You get to regulate the air conditioning by the window. You can be warm, cool, or freeze yourself to death! :^) Nice option in the summer.

Nice closet space, enough to stay for 2 weeks without washing IF you packed that much. Drawer space. Many TV channels.

Free contential breakfast: cereals, bagels, juices, coffee, muffins, waffles, etc...

FREE HBO! One morning I got hooked watching a show during breakfast...they had HBO on. And I was suppose to check out very soon. I explained I REALLY wanted to finish watching that show. She laughed, extended my checkout time, and said "no problem." I went back to the room, layed down, and finished it. Very nice I thought. But that is Texas hospitality. :^)

They do leave the doors open while cleaning. I complained of mosquitoes because of this. The manager told me it was a safety issue for the maids. I understood, but told him I was getting eaten alive once they left. I agreed to let them lock the door while they cleaned, and I would not bother them, if they would keep the door closed. So they did. That was the only issue I ever had.
Windsor Inn, Tyler,TX - downstairs…
Better view of Jacuzzi with towels…

Windsor Inn & Suites Tyler Overview

Just minutes to downtown Tyler, the Windsor Inn and Suites is close to the Zoo, Harvey Convention Center and the Rose Garden, Tyler State Park, Lake Palestine, golfing, shopping, and more.

This Magnuson Hotels affiliate offers continental breakfast, free wireless internet, an outdoor pool, and an exercise room. The property offers amenities such as air-conditioning, high-speed Internet access, non-smoking rooms and facilities, and more.

The rooms have am/fm alarm clocks, ironing boards, microwaves, refrigerators, and hairdryers. Rates are based on double occupancy. Charges for extra adults may apply and will be due directly to the hotel.

Windsor Inn & Suites Amenities

• Hair Dryer
  • TV
  • Desk
  • Facsimile
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Pool Outdoor