Windsor Cave Station, Jamaica

Windsor Cave Station Reviews

Chokk Chokk
At the end of the road in the Cockpit Mountains Apr 28, 2011
We were driving deep into the Cockpit Mountains when we suddenly arrived at the Windsor Cave Station, which was the end of road as well; here we met two wonderful cave men.

It had been quite a journey getting this far into the mountains but the trip had brought us never-ending views of one place more picturesque than the other. We had driven in towards Windsor from the north end; from Sherwood.

The road was going up and down for some kilometres and there were loads of quite large holes in it as well; it had also been raining so there were also loads of water many places.

We were actually on the lookout for The Good Hope Estate but had taken an early road in to the Cockpit mountains; one that had brought us to Clarck's town first.

Getting to the cave station was a lot of laughs. We were greeted by two cave men that were taking shelter in their trailer for the rain. Both were looking out the window frame – there was no window, when we came. They had probably heard us coming for the last 3 kilometres. It turned out that the two guys were Martell and Franklin Dango that were the wardens for the caves.

Franklin presented himself and said that he had worked 27 years in the caves. We said that we were lost and Franklin said ‘no you are not; you are here’.

I tried again and say that we were looking for a road towards the coast! After that he agreed and said "then you are lost"

I asked him how to get in the right direction and he just said "drive back the same road, and keep to the right all the way until you turn left at the post office"

Post office? I was totally bewildered; I had seen no post office except in Falmouth. I asked again and I was given the same answer so it had to be right.

I asked if I could take their picture and it was no problem. Dango said to me "Give me a dollar I need a beer" I decided that he was right so I gave him a dollar.

Been here for 27 years, this is my living man he said before he waved goodbye.
Martell and Franklin Dango the war…

Related Travel Blogs About Windsor Cave Station

Windsor Cave Station
We were driving deep in to the Cockpit Mountains when we arrived at the Windsor Cave Station which was the end of road as well. Here we met two wonderful cave men. It had been quite a journey gettin…Windsor Cave Station which was the end of road as well. Here we met two wonderful cave
Windsor Cave Station Map