Windsor Castle

Windsor England, Berkshire, United Kingdom

Windsor Castle Berkshire Reviews

Vikram Vikram
It's like Disneyland for Royalty-Anglophiles Sep 28, 2013
And so we're back! I first visited Windsor Castle about 6 years ago on a cold and grey day in February winter. I'd gone underdressed for the weather and nearly froze to death. That still did not stop me from having a great time. As I recall it at the time, it was like 4-5 attractions rolled into one.

You can read my entry at the time (pardon my rather obsessive enthusiasm!) here:

Seven years on, I returned, and felt exactly the same way!

My 2006 blog entry has all the details of my trip so rather than wax lyrical again, let me just give some tips to making this trip a success:

1. Go early! This is one of the UK's top attractions, and unlike Central London attractions, this is the only one. So people come early, and continue to come in till 3pm.

2. Budget around 3 hours. There is a lot to see and do, and even though from the outside it looks like a Castle, there is enough and more to look at inside, in scattered places.

3. Do not necessarily follow the route suggested in the brochure. Get to the museums first. They're incredible, and give you a brief peek into how rich the British Empire was (once upon a time).

4. It helps to go with an umbrella or a raincoat. I know that's true of any place (duh!), but here especially, because you're never really indoors all the time even though you're inside the Castle. Infact, the queue outside the visitor's entrance itself goes to the outside and you could be stuck in the rain.

This is a wonderful place and dare I say it, much more educative than Buckingham Palace. It does 'take away' a day from hanging around in London, but it's totally worth it.
Guards who just happened to be mar…
Official Entrance to the State Apa…
Another shot of the Castle
Making my way through the Castle b…
anupa_rk says:
haha loving the enthusiasm!
Posted on: Nov 13, 2013
X_Drive says:
I would have loved to get the ceiling in the main hall with all of the coats of arms displayed, and the military armour of the middle ages.
Posted on: Nov 12, 2013