Windsor Bed and Breakfast Hotel

Check Christchurch Hotel Deals

Windsor Bed and Breakfast Hotel Christchurch Reviews

sshaunaa sshaunaa
Excellent budget accommodation close to Cathedral Square Dec 31, 2010
Check-in: Check in was quick and easy and we were welcomed by one of the friendliest ladies I've ever come across at a hotel. The price for the room was $140 per night.

Location: The B&B is located between the botanic gardens and Cathedral Square. It takes about 5 minutes to walk to the Gardens and about 5 minutes to the Square. The street is quiet and there was little to no traffic noise heard from our room.

Facilities: The B&B has shared toilet and shower facilities. Coming from campgrounds, I thought that would mean there would be toilet and shower stalls. Instead, there were separate rooms for each toilet, bathroom and basin. Walking from our room to the shower felt like I was in a very large house. All the floors were carpeted and I enjoyed walking around in bare feet. There is a large lounge room on the ground floor with computers, a tv, boardgames, magazines and books. Tea, coffee and biscuits are served there at 9pm.

They serve a hot breakfast from 7 - 8:45am. There is fruit, cereal, oatmeal, toast, eggs, bacon, ham, spaghetti, beans and tomato. The hot food is cooked to order. Tea, coffee and biscuits are available 24/7. There is also a fridge available for guests to use.

Room: We had a room with a double bed and a single bed. There was not much else in the room other than the beds, a small table and an open closet to hang clothes. There was only one electrical outlet in the room which was frustrating.

Overall experience: We enjoyed our time here. The only downside was the shared facilities but I didn't mind that enough not to justify returning in the future. The incredibly friendly staff, location and the comfy bed were excellent. Also, when the lady at reception found out my boyfriend was getting a taxi at 4am, she made him up a "care package" since he wouldn't be there for breakfast. It had a banana, apple, granola bar, mini mars bar and a few other treats. Since we were in the lounge playing games, she even delivered it to our room. Much appreciated!!

Check Christchurch Hotel Deals