Windjammer

Check Georgetown Hotel Deals

Windjammer Georgetown Reviews

rsdono rsdono
Jul 10, 2007
The windjammer was supposedly one of the better places to stay in Georgetown (which isn't a reputably safe place to begin with). We had the peace of mind of having an armed guard standing outside the hotel gates at all times. There is a pretty good restaurant at the hotel for guests, which is open until about 11pm. They have one computer that you can use for internet for a charge (I think it was about $5/hr), but they shut it off at night.

The hotel consists of two semi-connected buildings. One is obviously much older. The rooms are very small bathrooms and no A/C, but being a coastal city there was a nice breeze coming in through the open windows. Beds are equipped with mosquito nets. The "newer" (or more recently updated) building, which has the restaurant below, has VERY nice large bathrooms. I stayed at this hotel once at the beginning of my stay in the older building and oncec at the end of my stay in the newer building - what a difference! But even at the older building I was not disappointed. Very hospitable people and clean rooms.

I'm not too sure about the price because I paid for it as a package through my school who funded half of my trip.

Check Georgetown Hotel Deals