Average rate: $42 - Hotel class: 4 stars

Windermere Guest House Rates and Deals

Windermere Guest House Belfast Reviews

monkeymia79 monkeymi…
Wonderful guest house. Apr 12, 2012
Windermere Guest House is a lovely bed and breakfast located in the Queen's Quarter area of Belfast.

It is located a short walk from the Botanic Gardens and serviced by the Botanic Station (train) and many buses.

As the guesthouse is located on a quiet side street, it may be difficult to find (two cab drivers couldn't find it without using my map.)

During my 6 night stay I was accommodated in a triple room (1 double bed, 1 single bed.)

This was due to me requesting a room with ensuite as opposed to shared facilities.

My room was spacious with tea and coffee making facilities however the bathroom is on the small side. This didn't bother me however.

Each morning I went to the breakfast room and ordered scrambled eggs on toast. Not one day did I have to wait for a seat nor wait for service.

I found the owners to be lovely, especially on my second last day there when my husband rang from Australia with news that my bank card had been skimmed and was cancelled. Due to the time difference, he actually rang at around 5.00am. The owners took the message and relayed it to me at breakfast, not once showing upset or anger for the early call time.

In the local area, you can find many places to eat or get take away.

I found Windermere Guest House safe, comfortable and welcoming. On the second morning I woke to find I forgot to lock my door (as its done with a key.) However as I felt safe and comfortable there, this didn't bother me.

As I enjoyed my stay there, I would recommend this guesthouse to other travellers.
Windermere Guest House, Belfast.
Triple room, lovely and spacious.
Triple room, lovely and spacious.
monkeymia79 says:
Thanks May.
Posted on: May 25, 2016
cotton_foam says:
A very helpful review...
Posted on: May 24, 2016
monkeymia79 says:
I agree, when a place is hard to find at least you know it will be quiet.
Posted on: May 22, 2016
benwielenga benwiele…
Searching for the English feeling? Jan 23, 2011
What exactly is the English feeling? I suppose this will differ from person to person, but I got this feeling when I'm having a cup of tea early in the morning, hearing a radio on the background and eating roasted bread, while the sun is trying her best to expel a rain shower.

Windermere Guest House is a well maintained guest house, with a very friendly owner. The guest house doesn't have that much facilities, but the rooms and bathrooms are proper and the house is situated in a quiet area of the city, at a small walking distance from the impressive city centre of Belfast. When you are having a stay in the Windermere Guest House, you will get your own key, so you don't have to worry about getting back late in the evening. It remains for me to say that the English feeling can be found at this guest house!
Windermere Gues House

Windermere Guest House Overview

Windermere Guesthouse is an elegant 19th century Victorian bed and breakfast conveniently located near the historic and commercial centers of Belfast. Windermere Guesthouse provides a taste of local hospitality in a relaxing atmosphere and is the perfect place to unwind after a busy day of work or pleasure. Situated on the lively Lisburn Road, guests enjoy shopping at some of the most chic shops in Belfast. Queen's University, Ulster Museum and Botanic Gardens are within walking distance, as well as a wide variety of restaurants, bars and theatres. The proximity of Windermere Guesthouse to the Odyssey Arena, Waterfront Hall and Balmoral Show grounds make it an ideal base for those visiting Belfast to take in events, shows and seminars. Belfast is renowned for its healthcare and Windermere Guesthouse offers easy access to many private and public clinics, hospitals and dental practices. It's central location is convenient for Belfast City and International Airports, ferries, motorways and train stations. Accommodation at Windermere Guesthouse includes free wireless internet access, off street private parking, television and coffee/tea facilities in every room and hair dryer and ironing services upon request. Staff at Windermere will endeavour to make your stay as pleasant as possible.

Windermere Guest House Amenities

• Fishing
  • Horse Riding
  • Playground
  • Dancing
  • Tennis Courts (outdoor)
  • Desk
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shared Bathroom