Wimdu flat in Hamburg

Check Hamburg Hotel Deals

Wimdu flat in Hamburg Reviews

walterman9999 walterma…
Wimdu Flat in Hamburg, Germany Aug 08, 2015
We were in Bremem ready to leave for our Wimdu flat in Hamburg and got a form e-mail saying the flat we paid for four months ago in Hamburg was canceled (with no explaniation). We called the flat hostess and she told us that our flat did not exist.

So really in a pickle with all the good flats rented in Hamburg I picked a new flat with Wimdu that "was only doors away from public transportation". I rented flat for our five days in Hamburg. So after Hauptbahnhof we got on a tram or subway to get us to our new flat. After a hour on the subway they said "end of line...everyone off". We walked some and found a bus that said they would get us to our flat. After a while they said to get off bus and our flat was nearby on this street. Now, I am totally disabled and me and wife had to each drag two heavy bags. We walked two more miles till we got to flat then we had to walk upstairs with heavy bags unassisted. That killed day one (of five days) in Hamburg.

Day two in Hamburg was worse. Walking along the sidewalk I had a trip and fall accident where the first thing to hit concrete was my head, that was bleeding and the blood was dripping down my chin. The bycycle paramedics arrived quickly to dress my wounds and invited me to a multi day stay at hospital. I knew I had a major concussion and the effects lasted me about a month. Since I am a Texan without Europe medical insurance, and stubborn, so I declined transport. Finally the paramedics got tirod of argueing and left. This is still a blur to me on how me and Sylvia got to town. We were told of a direct bus to our flat so we took the bus. After a long ride we saw when we passed our street and we continuously hit the stop button but the bus would not stop for us. Finally at the bus barn at the end of the route they stopped.

Then we walked back over a mile to our street then walked over another mile to our flat. I flopped on the bed and that killed day two in Hamburg. Not all travel is fun...but we still had a great trip.

In case you dont know, the new flat was at Bargteheheider StraBe 37 room 6, at or near Berne.

Day three in Hamburg I wanted to return to Amsterdam and wait on our KLM flight. Then things really changed when our TB guide showed up with great news. She helped us pack and drove us to Hotel Pension Fink. (no flat refund so we paid for three days twice.) Now we had good housing in a great neighborhood and our three remaining days in Hamburg were wonderful. Our TB guide is now a permanent friend.
jethanad says:
Hi Walter, glad to know you are doing better now.
Posted on: Jul 09, 2015
walterman9999 says:
Thanks Brian & Bill for your kind words.
Posted on: Jun 30, 2015
walterman9999 says:
You are both right. My head is over the 3 concussions on the trip and I am soon off for my western US survival test and photo opp.
I will try to be more careful and stay away from the cliffs.
Posted on: Jun 30, 2015