Wilshire Inn

Pres. Aguinaldo St. cor. J.R. Borja St., Cagayan de Oro City, Philippines

Wilshire Inn Cagayan de Oro City Reviews

privateliza privatel…
Cheap Accommodation with Unpleasant Smell Jun 06, 2011
The inn's lobby is grande and looked elegant. I thought we really got a steal for 595 pesos (about 14 USD) which is the rate for a standard room. But I was wrong.

So, we got our keys and off we went to our room. I didn't notice the musty smell until we turned the A/C on. I asked my friend to spray on some cologne in the room, hoping that it could help get rid of the smell. It did...for a moment.

There's the cabinet! Some hangers could help to dry some wet clothes. As I opened, I was welcomed by a small cockroach! Great. First, a musty smell then now a cockroach :(

We went out to grab some dinner and when we got back, we approached the front desk staff for some assistance on how to go to Mapawa Nature Park by bus. No help, they didn't know. So we asked what places could we visit in the city to kill some time in the morning before our early afternoon flight. No help, they couldn't share anything.

So we went back to the room and this time the musky smell got even worse. We sprayed on some more cologne. It didn't help get rid of the smell completely.

The sheets looked clean but for some reason when I lay down, I felt itchy. I felt so frustrated. I was sleepless and it felt like a loooong night.

I have read some good blogs about this place and a number of bad ones too. We should have checked on the room before we paid for it. I wouldn't generalize and say that all their rooms are like that.
amazed says: