Willie T's Restaurant & Bar

525 Duval Street, Key West, FL, USA

Willie T's Restaurant & Bar Key West Reviews

anupa_rk anupa_rk
One more to add to the list of good restaurants in Key West! Sep 05, 2010
Located on the famous Duval Street in Key West, Willie T’s is a fun joint with good music, a wide variety of drinks and fantastic food!

We were a group of 7 .. each of who wanted something different for dinner. To add to the diversity, we had a vegetarian AND a vegan in the gang. And so, fish focused restaurants were out.. steakhouses were not even considered..

There were a bunch of Italian and French cafes strewn about the streets, but somehow they were not too appealing. Plus, the prices were atrocious.

We were at our wits ends.. and dead tired.. when we stumbled across Willy T’s. From the street, it looked like an open air bar. A big crowd hanging around the bar ordering drinks.. nice music.. people chatting away…

We expected them to serve us some basic dinner entrees like burgers and stuff. To our delight, it had a couple of vegan/vegetarian options as well. Tired as we were, we marched in and decided to have our meal here.

I was going to be driving back to Miami after our dinner, and so I didn’t do more than glance over the drinks menu. A couple of people from our group did try the key lime mojito and claimed it was pretty good.

The food was the main focus, though!

I ordered the Chicken Marsala.. My friend, the vegetarian, was thrilled to see another option besides the veggie burger that she is usually stuck with. Semolina Gnocchi Cakes. Neither of us had any idea as to what it was. But it looked interesting. And so, it was ordered. The others in our group ordered various other dishes – including burgers, fish and lobster.

I can only speak for the dishes I tried. The chicken was delicious. The sauce was beautifully done.. the chicken was succulent.. It was a great meal!

And here I must make mention of the Gnocchi Cakes. We didn’t know what it contained.. even after we had sampled it. But one thing we all agreed on was that it was out of the world!!!

I have been drooling over it in my thoughts even days after I first took a bite!

The menu was quite reasonably priced, considering the food was so good. And that it is located in the heart of Key West..right on Duval Street.

A must eat-at place while in the little town :)
sarahsan says:
Sounds like a great place! Thanks for sharing!
Posted on: Sep 11, 2010