William's Grant Inn Bristol (Rhode Island)

Average rate: $145 - Hotel class: 3 stars
154 High Street, Bristol, RI, USA

William's Grant Inn Bristol (Rhode Island) Rates and Deals

William's Grant Inn Bristol (Rhode Island) Reviews

HuBison HuBison
Great B&B, would stay here again, but am sorry to say, I had some small quirks Nov 21, 2010
I ran up to Rhode Island for a weekend escape and while making my reservations, I happened upon William's Grant Inn B&B. It is a quaint 5 room house run by a wonderful couple. It's on the parade route for their annual 4th of July celebration and the double yellow line down the middle of the street is painted red, white and blue. The B&B owners told me that Bristol has the country's oldest consecutive running 4th of July celebration and that the Dept of Transportation gave the town permission to have that line painted permanently throughout the year!

Anywho, I arrived and stayed in the Garden room. There are 2 rooms upstairs and 3 on the first floor. I recommend staying on the 2nd floor as it really is an old house and the floors creak. I tried to tip toe when I was in my my room and felt bad that the people beneath me could probably hear every step I took. So, with creaky floors, don't get any ideas about doing the hanky panky in this place!

The next morning, I woke up to a wonderful breakfast downstairs in the kitchen. Fresh fruit cup, tea (or coffee if you prefer), juice, muffins, and I was served french toast one day and an egg souffle the next. After breakfast the first day, I didn't even eat lunch until 4pm! The owners are so sweet and I got a run down of places to consider visiting, some highlights of the town and information on surrounding areas (including a collection of vineyards)!

The B&B has a massive collection of teddy bears in the hall, a sitting room, and I imagine that when it's warmer, a garden in the back of the premise. Parking on High street is fine (I had a car rental) and the town in quiet (so sleeping at night is an easy job after a day of sightseeing), plus the bed is comfy.

My bathroom was fine; clean and adorned with the basic neccessities in case you forgot something at home. Be sure you know how to work the heater in your room. There is no TV in the room but there are magazine and books. There is a coffee maker or tea and cookies if needed.

The B&B can be crowded in the summer, a wedding party can take over the entire house and there is a college as well as a culinary institute near by, so sometimes, there are parents staying there while they are settling their kids in. You can walk to several churches, to CVS, and to the harbor, but a car is best to get to the arboretum and other sightseeing places.

To be honest, some of my other miniature complaints where that when I walked around my room, one of the windows would shake with each step. The shower was nice and hot, but it must have been that if another bedroom was using their bathroom or flushed their toilet, my shower would cool off considerably. You don't really have a choice of the main breakfast item (which can be a problem if you are a picky eater), but it was so nice to be doted on during my weekend escape and I happended to be able to eat what they served.

Enjoy your stay.
My beautiful B&B
My bed was comfy and warm
My own bathroom

William's Grant Inn Bristol (Rhode Island) Overview

The William's Grant Inn Bristol (Rhode Island) is easily accessible from the Bristol harbor. The property is just a short drive away from Newport, Providence, Boston and Cape Cod. A host of shopping destinations are also within easy reach.

There are five uniquely decorated guest rooms at the William's Grant Inn Bristol (Rhode Island). These are equipped with air-conditioning units, ceiling fans and private bathrooms. Some of the rooms have fireplaces.

The William's Grant Inn Bristol (Rhode Island) was originally built in 1808 and was made into an inn in 1993. This colonial house is furnished with antiques and artworks. It also features a mural of Bristol harbor in its front hall. A patio area, landscaped gardens and a Koi pond are likewise on site.

William's Grant Inn Amenities

• Golf Course (nearby)
  • Boating
  • Water Activities
  • Water-skiing
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Bathrobes