TravBuddy is the #1 online travel community
Share hotel reviews, travel blogs, photos, travel advice and meet over 689,075 travelers just like you!

Wildswan22
Award: Happy Happy Happy

Name: Tanya
Location: Queensland, Australia
Join Date: October 20, 2012
Contributions: Wildswan22 has written about 1 place, shared 322 photos, left 566 comments, and smiled 1,684 times.
Travel Plans
Antarctica
Morocco
dream destination
April 2013! Details still to be nutted out..
Turkey
dream destination
April 2013! Details still to be nutted out..
Countries I've Traveled To
Languages Spoken
English
Interests
Books you might find in my backpack
Music you might find me listening to while waiting for my plane
Most Memorable Travel Experience
Paddling down the Zambezi River and having AK47s waved in the air at us (from the Zambian side) and drinking by our camp fire listening to a pride of lions roaring as they passed our camp site during the night.. Spine tingling! Leaning out my window and touching a wild elephant as it silently passed my chalet in Kariba, Zimbabwe. Being mocked charged by an elephant and running with the crowds. Upending our sail boat in a lake and swimming for shore with one arm in the air more worried about my watch than the hippos and crocs.. Scaling a barb wire fence one night on a school camp in Bulawayo to catch some dodgy shanty bus into town for some fried chicken, hey, don’t judge, desperate measures for desperate times!

Being yelled at by an angry hobbit on the outskirts of Fairlie in New Zealand South for picking daffodils by the roadside..

Sitting down for lunch in one of the back streets of Venice only to look up and find two Australian friends (that I met in Canada) walk in to the very same café (they had docked for the day from a cruise) and saying in unison “WHAT THE HELL!!”
Profile
Hi everyone! I really love exploring and discovering this amazing, diverse world of ours and look forward to meeting and making some like-minded friends all over the globe. About me; I am simple yet complicated, I LOVE to laugh and appreciate the humour in life wherever I can find it. I seek authentic and genuine always and I'm very passionate about animals and their welfare. I’m a paramedic currently living in outback, central Qld, so if you're in this (vast) area I’d be happy to meet you so give a me shout out! :)
LZ786 says:
hello friend how are you
Posted on: Feb 22, 2017
cotton_foam says:
Happy New Year, Tania!! 🎉🎉🎉
Posted on: Jan 01, 2017
spocklogic says:
With Christmas just a week away, thought I would take time to wish you Happy Holidays!

Merry★* 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
Posted on: Dec 17, 2016

Wildswan22's Travel Blogs

Beautiful Bhutan 2013
Mar 17, 2013 – Mar 27, 2013
Bhutan -› Bumthang, Bhutan -› …
The Land of the Thunder Dragon, the last of the small, hidden Buddhist kingdoms in the Himalayas to unlock their mysteries to t…
Overview 0 words 184 120 484
Egypt 2012
Jun 13, 2012 – Jun 14, 2012
Post revolution in sun drenched Egypt..
Overview 0 words 35 65 239
Canada & Alaska 2011
Jan 05, 2011 – Jun 06, 2011
After inspiring my parents to take their dream trip with “your leaves are starting to fall!! Travel while you still can and I…
Overview 0 words 68 91 264

Wildswan22's Travel Reviews

Average priced "Restaurants, Cafes & Food" in Avignon, France
It was a rainy Monday night in Avignon as we explored the streets looking for a restaurant worth…