Wildebeest Camp

Wildebeest Camp Rates and Deals

Wildebeest Camp Nairobi Reviews

Mofra Mofra
Fantatsic place to meet people Feb 13, 2012
I spent 4 nights here in Jan 2012 and I very much enjoyed staying here.

There are a range of camping or room options - I opted for a permanent tent set-up with shared shower-block and it was more than adequate.

It was the best place to meet people I have ever stayed at - there always seemed to be one or more people around who were willing to share activities with or to offer advice.

They do gain a bit when you charge USD items to the bill which is the only downside, but apart from this the place is run efficiently, the gardens a beautiful, there is a gazebo for hanging out in and the breakfast is more than decent.
Luxury tent - spacious inside too
Mappedbyjenn Mappedby…
Clean, affordable and good place to meet travelers on a busy night Mar 20, 2011
I called Wildebeest in advance to arrange pickup from the airport. Hey were prompt and made the whole process of arrival super seamless. The place is clean, serves breakfast and has little courtyard area where you can meet other travelers on a good night. The hostel can also arrange safaris and other day trips for you. Our driver, Kyali, was the sweetest man.
mogbak mogbak
A great low cost option for the budget traveller Aug 21, 2011
I stayed at the Wildebeest camp for one night. Overall I was quite satisfied.

The camp provides tented accommodation in Nairobi. I was picked up at the airport and then dropped off the next day so I can't really say whether the camp was easy to get to or not. My tent was quite good and the bed was very comfortable. I took a luxury tent with a bathroom and it cost me about $70. I had to pay more for being picked up from the airport and drop off at the bus stop. But I saw no problem with that. They do have Internet access but you have to pay $6 more for that. Not a big deal. But the problem I had was that Internet access was not possible from my tent. I had to walk to the main building to access. This is something they should fix. Its cheap. Fix it.

Another down side is that the camp can be noisy due to sounds from the neighborhood. Tents don't exactly provide sound proofing :-)

Thew hosts are very nice and friendly. Overall, if you are on a tight budget I would say this is a great place.
jlchatham jlchatham
Camping at Wildebeest Jun 04, 2010
I spent one night in Nairobi at Wildebeest. I had booked late so was unable to get a dorm and instead had my own 'luxury' tent. This was a large, permanent tent with an additional roof, hard floor, and step up. It had a nice bed (two actually) and was big enough to stand up and move around in.

I didn't leave the compound (literally a compound, huge walls and gate, like every place in Nairobi) so can't comment much more on the location other than it took over an hour to get there and another 30 minutes to get to my next destination.

Very clean, friendly staff, wifi in the main house (must pay) and computers with internet.

They also have a buffet type dinner which was good but pricey at around 9 USD.

A pretty nice place. I'd stay there again.
My tent