Wiener Christkindlmarkt

Rathausplatz, Vienna, Austria

Wiener Christkindlmarkt Vienna Reviews

sarahsan sarahsan
The greatest Christmas Market in Europe Dec 16, 2012
The biggest Christmas market in Vienna is located in the park in front of the city hall (Rathauspark). It must be the biggest Christmas market I have been to.  With 138 stands, it takes quite some time to get through it! You  can get all kinds of Christmas ornaments as well as stuff yourself with all kind of goodies!

Wiener Christkindlmarkt offers a variety of gift items, Christmas ornaments of all kinds and of course a lot of nick nack. To feed yourself, why not start with a pretzel and some gluhwein, then continue with Christmas punch, before you dig into the sausages, fondue and sandwiches. For dessert try one of the many cakes and cockies? Or some chocolate coverd strawberries!

I went to the market twice, so I had the chance of trying several things! The pumpkin soup served in a big bread roll was great! So was the jacked potato. There was a good variety of toppings, so something for everyone. I wasn't too happy with my choice of cakes, but that was entirely due to my personal taste. The chocolate covered strawberries were my favorite. I tried both the once that are dipped in white chocolate and those that have liquid chocolate poured over them! Yum! And not to forget the gluhwein! It was fog and rain, so it was a nice way of keeping  warm.

All the liquid you consum has to come out again. There are two locations with public toilets in the park. Entrance cost €0,50. The lady was as sweet as she could be and the toilets some of the cleanest public toilets I have seen!

WARNING! The Christmas market is very crowded, so pick pocketing is a problem. Also watch out for the gypsies, they seem to everywhere!

The Wiener Christkindlmarkt is great! I can highly recommend it! Between 27th November and 24th December it is open Sunday-Thursday: 10 am - 9.30 pm and Friday-Saturday: 10 am - 10 pm
Wiener Christkindlmarkt
spocklogic says:
What's stopping you, Paul, they have those in the Netherlands too don't they?
Posted on: Dec 24, 2012
Paulovic says:
I'd love to go to a Christmas market one day again! :)
Posted on: Dec 22, 2012