Wicklow Mountains

Dublin, Ireland

Wicklow Mountains Dublin Reviews

Shashank Shashank
Nov 13, 2006
Hi, I personally loved the road up the Wicklow Mountains.. only 30 minutesout of Dublin but a complete different world. A windy road takes you over to the mountains, you do pass the famous Johnnie Fox's Pub(highest pub in Ireland)..

If I remember correct (i was there in 2003), Once you pass the pub, you see the amazing views.

What I personally liked about Wicklow is that despite being so close to such a buzzing capital, there seems to be an absolute nothing, no sign of life. No trees, no houses, just small bushes or over grown grass, as far as your eyes can see. If you catch a good sunny day, you will have fab views over distant valleys too!
Wicklow Mountains, Ireland.
Amanda says:
Wow this sounds great! This is exactly the sort of thing I would want to do if I went to Dublin. Thank you so much!!
Posted on: Nov 13, 2006

Related Travel Blogs About Wicklow Mountains

Climb the highest peak in Ireland
This weekend I with my friend made a short trek to the Wicklow Mountains south of Dublin, there we have climbed mountain called Lugnaquillia. Lugnaquillia is with 925 m the 13rd highes…Wicklow Mountains south of Dublin, there we have climbed mountain called Lugnaquillia. Lugnaquillia is with 925 m the 13rd…
Impressions of Europe
Hopefully I'll remember all the towns I've visited. (The pictures are from the Basque Country.) SPAIN (2000, 2008, 2016): Beautiful and diverse country with amazing culture, food and wine. Barc…Dublin in the Wicklow Mountains. An ancient monastic site is well preserved here, including the ruins of a church, and a beautiful…

Check Dublin Hotel Deals