Wicked The Musical

London, England

Wicked The Musical London Reviews

mezi mezi
Too Wicked to miss Jul 13, 2012
London is a great city to see some musicals, and I definately recommend seeing "Wicked the Musical". Based on the story of the Wicked Witch of the West from the film "The Wizard of Oz".

One of the best plays I've seen, and it continues to win many awards! You only have to see the show to understand why...the lighting, sound, effects, staging are all spot on! You really feel drawn into the show.

Make sure you make a night of it! Some restaurants near to musical theatres provide offers if you are seeing a show, and so it's good to keep an eye out for this, and some will speed up your dinner service so you don't miss your show!

Ticket prices vary, but if the show is just a "maybe" option, it is worth visiting the ticket office in the morning of the day you want to see the show, as they offer discoutned tickets with the best seat options - also great if you are a student!
christl3 christl3
THIS WILL CHANGE YOUR LIFE! Mar 31, 2011
After having read the book 'Wicked' by Gregory Maguire i couldn't wait to see the musical version. And having the opportunity to see it on London's West End was an amazing experience. It is very expensive for good seats. The stalls costs about £60 each but with a student card you can get one of those tickets for £25.

The Apollo Victoria theatre is home to Wicked the Musical and it's literally directly outside Victoria Staion. The whole foyee is designed using electric green as the main character is the wicked witch of the west from Frank. L. Baum's The Wizard of Oz.

The story is pretty much about the 'wicked witch' of the west before she became wicked. The story is told from her perspective. It is humourous and entertaining. The score is incredible and i purchased the cd afterwards without a second's hesitation. The coreography, lighting and sound (usually things i wouldn't notice in shows) were all also flawless. You will sit riveted in your seat for the whole 3 hours. I assure you.

I've since seen the show three times and absolutely love it. Can't wait to go again.
lovely_lori88 lovely_l…
May 15, 2007
"Based on Gregory Maguire's "outstanding novel" (The Independent), the spellbinding WICKED transports audiences to a spectacular fantasy world of wizards and witches to tell the incredible untold story of an extraordinary friendship between two girls: the blond and popular Glinda and the misunderstood green girl, Elphaba, whose destiny is to become the infamous Wicked Witch of the West."- www.londonmusicaltickets.com

I thought this play was totally awesome!!! I was entertained by every part and I thought it was awesome to find out the storey behind the wicked witches. Although I don't know too much about theatre I thought the actors were very good and the lights were well done to enhance effects. I also thought the set was very good. I rated the tickets as cheap as we got them online the day of the play for only 20 pounds. We were quite far away from the stage though so better tickets probably cost alot more. I would definately reccomend this play to anyone going to London and escpecially to people who loved the movie the Wizard of Oz.
tashi87 tashi87
Jun 19, 2007
'Wicked' is one of my favourite books as I always love looking at the other side of a story, and although the story has been altered quite a bit, obviously so it has more of the topics an audience wants (like love triangles..etc) but it is just as good. I love the music, the performance is breath-taking, I've seen it twice and each time I have been so excited and had a smile stuck on my face. It has all the elements of an A+ musical, great story, excellent vocals, memorable lyrics, dancing...list goes on!

Anyone can see this, it really is for all ages. The staging and lighting is very interesting to anyone who takes an interest in it (which i do, always have :o) ) but i would say its a must for westend (or broadway)
Apollo Victoria Theatre
xiansational says:
i so want to see it..
Posted on: Dec 21, 2007
melissak says:
i saw it when i was in london and thought it was amazing too! such a great play
Posted on: Nov 11, 2007

Related Travel Blogs About Wicked The Musical

Swimming with Sharks (Plays and Musicals in London)
Thought I would write a little about the plays and musicals I have seen since living here in London. Last night I saw Swimming with Sharks.  This play is based on the 1994 cult film.  The …London I went to see Wicked .  It was fantastic, the actors could act and sing, the music and story…

Check London Hotel Deals