Wicked The Musical

New York, New York

Wicked The Musical New York Reviews

kyuri18 kyuri18
Child-friendly show with terrific set, music and cast Jan 02, 2010
I had really high expectations for this show as it was perennially number 1 among the broadway shows in New York. Although it didn't really meet my high expectations, it was still entertaining enough. The music, costumes, and sets were terrific as were the cast and their individual performances. Especially in need of singling out, the woman who played Glenda was absolutely lovely and the one who played Elphaba was so incredible with her powerful vocal work.

However, I should admit that it felt more like a child-friendly show. Even though it was not as child-oriented as The Lion King, the story line was still somewhat flat and childish for adults. Although the ending part was absolutely gripping and touching, I couldn't help but feel a little bored at times during the show. Also, because English is not my first language, I sometimes couldn't understand what they were saying, which increased my boredom even more.

However, I think this show would be perfect for families who want to take their children. Even for adults, it will be still amusing if you don't expect too great a storyline and just simply want to enjoy some good performaces, music, and costumes.
cristin11 cristin11
Amazing Show! Aug 27, 2010
Show was breathtaking! Beautiful sets, actors, singing, etc. A must do while in NYC!!
janiexscott janiexsc…
If you love "The Wizard of Oz", you MUST see this too! Jul 23, 2010
Well I LOVE the movie "The Wizard of Oz" so I may have a more biased opinion. This was far MORE than I thought it would be. I was amazed at the props as well as Elfama's (Wicked Witch) voice! She was INCREDIBLE!!! Such a POWERFUL BEAUTIFUL voice! My family LOVED this show!! It was worth the money!!!!
sojourner74 says:
Agreed! I loved it and the music was fantastic!! I love le miserables too!
Posted on: Dec 02, 2010
yjc513 says:
I live in NYC and I see many plays but WICKED just blew me away!!
Posted on: Jul 24, 2010