Whole Foods Market

www.wholefoodsmarket.com - Phone: 972.612.6729

Whole Foods Market Plano Reviews

williamsworld williams…
Natural and organic Shopping Oct 05, 2008
Yet, another great Texas Company. Whole Foods Market was founded in Austin, Texas, when four local businesspeople decided the natural foods industry was ready for a supermarket format. Their founders were John Mackey and Renee Lawson Hardy, owners of Safer Way Natural Foods, and Craig Weller and Mark Skiles, owners of Clarksville Natural Grocery. The original Whole Foods Market opened in 1980 with a staff of only 19 people. It was an immediate success. At the time, there were less than half a dozen natural food supermarkets in the United States. They have grown by leaps and bounds since their first store opened. They are the world’s largest retailer of natural and organic foods, with stores throughout N America and the United Kingdom. If you like great tasting, quality and organic foods, then this is the place to shop. Whenever I get over to the Metroplex, or Austin, the city where their corporate headquarters are located, I have to shop at Whole Foods. I enjoy walking around sampling all the food and drink. It is more than just shopping at Whole Foods; it is like a day at an amusement park. All the various things to see, eat, smell and experience. They have a variety of departments including healthy living, produce, natural meats, a bulk food section, floral, grocery, a bakery, a prepared food section and the best place, the wine section.

I like that they have a section with great tasting wines for under $10.00. I have enjoyed a few of those, but I still enjoy all of those hard to find international wines. They offer a 10% ½ case discount on most of their wines. I got mine today including a Medoc from Mendoza, Argentina.

All of the hundreds of stores are very welcoming. They are clean and the shelves are always well stocked. There is a really nice man who works in the meat dept. I don’t know his name, but he always has some great samples. Today was not exception. He was serving some organic steak. I think I must have eaten a ½ steak by myself. It was nice and tender and just enough to tided me over until dinner.

Whole Foods is a place that everyone has to experience at least once in their life. Check their website to find a store near you and enjoy.
Not a very good photo, but one non…

Check Plano Hotel Deals