Whiteways Guest House Penzance

Whiteways Guest House Penzance Rates and Deals

Whiteways Guest House Penzance Reviews

sarahsan sarahsan
Essential with earplugs! May 22, 2012
I arrived late in Penzance and was leaving early the next morning, so I needed a bed for a few hours and didn´t want to pay a fortune for it. I ended up booking the Whiteway Guest House.

When I arrived at 8:30 pm I met a locked door. After having knocked on the door for a while a guy (the owner) appeared. Without asking my name he just showed me to a single room. I guess I was the last one to arrive. The first thing that hits you when you enter the house is the smell.

The room was very small and had a single bed with a terrible mattress. You could feel every spiral in it. The head board was ripped and very dirty. The room did have a kettle to make tea, coffee and hot chocolate. And it was good light for reading. A TV was place high up on the wall, so you could not see anything from the bed. The angle was totally wrong to see anything. There was also a fan, a small wardrobe and a bedside stand, but no chair to put cloths on. In the bedside stand I found a half eaten package of biscuits and an opened jar of mustard. Probably left by the previous guest. Both room and bathroom was filthy. The carpet was disgusting. There was no insulation in the walls, so you could easily follow your neighbors´ conversation and hear the noisy traffic. The rooms were facing the main road in to Penzance.

The bathroom was small too. There was a small shelf for toiletries, but it was leaning so badly you couldn´t put anything on it. The towels were nice and soft though. Water in the shower was burning hot and difficult to adjust and the water pressure was medium.

At 5:30 I was woken up by a loud radio. What a night! English breakfast was included and was good. Having seen the dirt in this place I wasn´t so sure I wanted to eat there, but it was okay. When I said "no thanks" to bacon, the lady immediately offered my hash browns and corn beef sausages. Very nice!

The Whiteway Guest House´s location is very convenient, but cleanliness is not on their strong side. There is a reason why their reviews are not very good. I will not stay there again.
Whiteway Guest House
Entrance and reception shelf
My room
My room
Chokk says:
This what happens when you leave the standard map! ha,ha - and yeah "Oh what a night!" :D
Posted on: Aug 06, 2012
sarahsan says:
No Francis, they were out to plunder! May be next time!
Posted on: Jun 03, 2012
fransglobal says:
Did you meet the Pirates of Penzance?
Posted on: Jun 02, 2012

Whiteways Guest House Penzance Overview

The Whiteways Guest House Penzance is just a 2-minute walk from Penzance Harbour and 150 meters away from Wharfside Shopping Centre. Also nearby are the Penzance Coach and Railway Station and Penzance Ferry Terminal. Places of interest include St Michael’s Mount, The Western Promenade and Flambards Theme Park.

All rooms feature bright linens and large windows. They are equipped with facilities like coffee and tea makers, radios, ironing facilities and televisions. They also have bathrooms with shower, hair dryer and complimentary toiletries.

The Whiteways Guest House Penzance offers traditional full English breakfasts in its Breakfast Room. Guests can also choose to dine on the nearby restaurants just a short walk from the hotel. The hotel also provides venues for activities like snorkeling, fishing, diving, hiking, windsurfing and cycling.

Whiteways Guest House Amenities