Whitelaw Hotel

Whitelaw Hotel Rates and Deals

Whitelaw Hotel Miami Beach Reviews

sinaasje sinaasje
Salsa Mondays in the lobby Sep 03, 2012
Every Monday night at 8PM this hotel has a free salsa (for beginners) class in the lobby.

After that, there's social dancing.

Between 7 and 8PM, they mostly have a happy hour on drinks.

I go for the salsa dancing, but drinks are terrible.

The cocktails are from pre-made bottles with soda. Not even blended with ice.

The waiter is super friendly - almost a flirt to women-, but the (chubby) waitress is rude.

I've been there few times as I always like to learn more about salsa, but it's far from my favorite spot.

I can't write about the hotel and it's accommodations itself, as I've never been further than the lobby.
lfkissingbandit lfkissin…
Not at all what I expected! Jun 15, 2010
This was my first trip to South Beach/Miami. If you want to go to South Beach and party like there is no tomorrow, this hotel is for you. If, however you want to go to South Beach to relax and actually sleep at all, do NOT stay at the Whitelaw Hotel. We were placed 4 doors down from the very loud, very small hotel lobby/bar. Normally I don't mind a lounge/bar area in a hotel. But I prefer to go to my room and be able to get away from the noise when I'm ready to go to bed. This was not possible here and despite asking to be moved further from the lobby and noise, I was told there was nothing available to accomodate my guest and I. I stayed 3 nights with no sleep whatsoever. On our Friday night stay, things did not calm down until 5AM. And forget about the plush bathrobes or Ipod docking stations in the rooms as promised on their website. We had to ask for the Ipod docking station when we made a request to have the toilet, phone and lamp fixed, as they were not in working order. When I voiced my complaints to the assistant manager at checkout, he told me he would look into the matter and call me within the next couple of days. After back and forth phone tag, I was able to speak to the general manager 3 days after check out. She informed me that there was nothing she could do for me as their hotel advertises a "party" atmosphere and it's not her fault that I wanted to get some rest on vacation and not party until the wee hours of the morning. So I am writing this review in hopes that it spares anyone else of the sleeplessness I encountered upon staying at the Whitelaw

Whitelaw Hotel Overview

The Whitelaw Hotel is situated in the heart of South Beach. Some of the nearby popular sites are the Port of Miami, Lummus Park Beach, Lincoln Road Mall, Flamingo Park and the Jewish Museum of Florida. Several shopping, dining and nightlife venues are also close by.

Guest rooms at the Whitelaw Hotel are equipped with modern conveniences. Among these are LCD televisions, iPod docking stations, mini fridges and well-stocked minibars. Marble bathrooms come with towels and free bath amenities.

The Whitelaw Hotel is an Art Deco-inspired boutique-hotel. This property provides concierge services, a 24-hour front desk, laundry/cleaning facilities, valet parking, a daily breakfast, a multilingual staff, a restaurant and a bar/lounge. Complimentary treats include airport shuttle services and wireless Internet access.

Whitelaw Hotel Amenities

• Playground
  • Volleyball
  • Direct dial phone
  • Health Centre
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Bathrobes