Whitehaven Xpress

Whitehaven Xpress - The three brothers

Whitehaven Xpress Airlie Beach Reviews

applewoman applewom…
Whitehaven Xpress, a family-runned tour Dec 21, 2010
Whitehaven Xpress is a family runned boat (three brothers) that brings you to Whitehaven Beach and ill Inlet Lookout.

It’s a small boat, and not that easy to find a good spot to enjoy the scenery cause the boat is small and rather crowdy. We never managed to get upperdeck. We didn’t have much contact with the crew. One time they showed a starfish. They told it was a real one but we thought it was a fake one cause they were laughing and making fun of it all the time. My son – 9-years old – wanted to be sure so he pushed it. One of the crew members was annoyed cause my son was doing so. I wanted him to tell my son fair what the deal was but they didn’t so until today we still don’t know if the star fish was a real one or not. That was the only time we had any contact with the crew members. So not a nice experience.

There was time to snorkel at Mantaray Bay but it was too cold for us. We went on the glass bottom boat tour instead. It was ok but not that spectacular.

Time at Whitehaven Beach on the other hand great! You get to spend enough time there to enjoy the scenery. We lunched there also. A nice barbecue lunch.

After spending time at Whitehaven Beach we went to Hill Inlet Lookout. I wanted to get out of the boat first to have enough time to enjoy the scenery. We managed to do so. It is a small walk to the top. I saw the views in picture but in real life... wow, wow, wow!!!! Really worth it, so amazing! Very, very, beautiful!

Afterwards we navigate back to Airlie Beach.

I don’t have a real plus about Whitehaven Xpress but neither a real disadvantage. So for me the cruise is OK. On the other hand, Whitehaven Beach and Hill Inlet Outlook are amazing... don’t miss out on it, doesn’t matter what tour you are on!
Hand feed a Maori Wrasse
The Whitehaven Xpress boat
Having a bbq lunch under the palms
A seagull on a snow-white beach

Check Airlie Beach Hotel Deals