Whitegates Traditional Pud & Accommodation

Muckross Road, Killarney, Ireland

Whitegates Traditional Pud & Accommodation Killarney Reviews

bigstoney82 bigstone…
Awesome food! Apr 05, 2012
I'll start out with the fact i didn't have a room here, just popped in for a bite to eat and a few pints to enjoy.

When we walked in, we automatically like the feel of the place, not small in terms of size, but had a small feel to it, in a good way. We sat down at the bar, and the staff, got a kick out of me coming when i did as one of the bartenders was holding a pair of pants that only someone my 6' 8 or taller could wear, albeit far too small in the waist for me, it made for a god laugh for everyone around.

We of course ordered pint of nice cold beer, looked over the menu, which was small, but that's to be expect i'd think. We both ordered a chicken breast meal, expecting it be a big plate full of food, we were disappointed when it came out, it was just a chicken breast with some brown sauce ( whiskey & pepper cream sauce to be exact ) and a dish of mashed potatoes, mashed carrots and Brussels sprouts, however, the disappointment didn't last long at all! Chicken was cooked perfectly, and the sauce, oh the sauce made this dish one of the best meals i've EVER had ( granted i'm not a foodie by any means ), the little potatoes were cooked great as well, and the mashed taters and carrots good with a touch of salt and maybe just a little bit of the sauce from the chicken dish! I personally didn't eat the sprouts, i'm not a fan, but my friend enjoyed them as well!

The bartender let us know that there was going to be live Irish music in a hour, so we stayed, i switch to mixed drinks while my buddy kept drinking pints, we played darts, had a great time, then i saw a lady walk in with a guitar, and then another with an accordion, and a 3rd lady with a fiddle, they sat down at a table, got drinks, and then just started playing and singing from what i could tell was traditional Irish music, and it was great.

If i am ever in Killarney again, i will go back to this place for sure! Great food, and great entertainment!
One of the top 3 meals I've ever h…
Good game of darts in a great pub!

Check Killarney Hotel Deals