White Water Rafting with Riverbug

Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia

White Water Rafting with Riverbug Kota Kinabalu Reviews

sarahelaine sarahela…
White Water Rafting with Riverbug Feb 29, 2012
Although it isn't in Kota Kinabalu (it's quite a long way away on the Patas River), Riverbug pick you up from your hotel in KK so I'm filing it there!

Riverbug was my first experience of rafting, so I can't really say how my experience compares to other companies, but I had an amazing time with them. They picked us up (horribly early) at our hotel, and took us by bus to a station then on by train to the river.

The river itself looked pretty terrifying from the train, so the anticipation was pretty good. Riverbug had good equipment - the lifejackets and helmets all seemed to be in pretty good condition, and we had a thorough safety briefing before we started. We could leave our bags in a secure place, which was nice.

Rafting the river was amazing, and they caught us quickly when we didn't paddle hard enough and capsized. It was brilliant fun, and the rapids (grade 3-4, I'm told) were brilliant. We also had a swim in the river and the lunch they provided was nice. The showers were hot, although they were a little lacking in privacy (men and women are totally separate, but all the girls are in together, if that makes sense) so if that bothers you you might not rate that as highly.

The only slight criticism is that the photos are very expensive and they will only do one CD per raft, so if you don't know the people you are rafting with you might not find it easy to sort out photos.
Gypset says:
I love white water rafting and I do get to do it often enough, unfortuantly. I'm envious, but inspired to get myself to Maylasia for a similar exerience.
Posted on: Apr 03, 2012
KarinaB says:
I concur :) We organised our trip via hostel we stayed in, however chose to go to Kiulu river and did easier white water rafting excursion to enjoy views and clear water :)
Posted on: Mar 31, 2012