White Water Rafting/Hiking Adventure

La Ceiba, Honduras

White Water Rafting/Hiking Adventure La Ceiba Reviews

andrejav andrejav
Rafting Rio Cangrejal Jul 31, 2012
Rafting at the Jungle River Lodge is a fun and interesting activity. Rio Cangrejal is an exciting rafting river with no too many higher level rapids, but in general it is good strong river during the rainy season. My friends and I were stuck in the town due to high winds that prevented ferries from leaving the port towards the Utila island, and we were looking for any kind of excitement. Rio was very high and strong because we were in the middle of the rainy season but owner of the place assured us that we could run the river.

Tour is 40$ per person which is a bit too much, and includes transportation, fruit plate after the rafting and all equipment needed. If you do the tour with Jungle River Lodge they will let you stay one night in the lodge for free which is also a good thing.

Very old and falling apart truck took us over the dirt road up to the mountain where the lodge is located. Lodge is right on the beautiful rock formation and owner made few pools by closing the gaps between the rocks.

River was super strong and guides did not want to take us the normal track, but we went just a part of the river but two times. Safety is on the good level, equipment is good, fruit super fresh and guides excellent.
trixmix_2 trixmix_2
Omega Tour goodness Aug 04, 2012
So I stayed at omega tours for two nights. I arrived at a crazy late time of 1030pm. They arranged a pick up from the ceiba bus stop for me and it was very easy to set up reservations and pick up from silvia online. The place was very clean and perfect for relaxing after a 12 hour flight. The raft guides were very nice and the river was amazing, even though it was only class 3 & 4 rapids. The facility is also located near a national park with a one to three hour hike which I did on my own and felt comfortable with. I would recommend this place to anyone.
karamyr karamyr
omega tours - affordable, beautiful, favorite rafting experiance Mar 05, 2011
this tour picked us up from the ferry (utila princess from the bay islands) for about $15 and brought us up to a really sweet accommodation up on a mountain owned by Germans. We had breakfast made for us and we geared up and went down to the river where we were taught how to properly paddle through rapids. The trip wass beautiful we seen wildlife and waterfalls and we got out and did cliff jumping an we even flipped the raft it was crazy. when we got back we had the most amazing lunch cooked for us of two different pastas and homeade bread and all the water we wanted to drink. You can share rooms which make it even more affordable or they have rooms where your eye level with the tops of trees with an amazing view.

the whole trip cost around 50 -60 but it was my favorite thing i did in central america, real adventure, real scenery real people and just really awesome!

an theres a bar
Isoinspira Isoinspi…
Feb 04, 2007
The Cangrejal River is known for it's winding path, it's deep drops, and the unexpected. My friends and I embarked on a journey with Omega Tours thinking that it would be comparable to a Colorado WWR experience. Was I ever wrong!:)

Our guides were exceptional! They entertained us with scary stories of WWR trips gone wrong! We even had an opportunity to witness one of these experiences as we dunked and pulled a man who had fallen out of his raft into our raft. :) The guides knew that we desired a little more on our trip than a glide down the river, so they stopped at one of the checkpoints, scrambled over the rocks, and demonstrated how we were to jump from a 30-40 ft. rock formation into the white water rapids.. and then upon surfacing were to grab a rope that the guide would throw out to us. If we missed the rope, we were to swim as fast as we could to the sides so as to not hit the rocks! I climbed up with the guides, looked down at the rapids breaking against the rocks below, said a prayer, and jumped! Barely able to see upon surfacing, I managed to grab the rope, be drug under the water, and off to safety:)

We had so much fun with our guides, that wehiked Pico Bonitowith them in the afternoon. We were taken up to see the waterfall, and then climbed (aka slid on our butts)up to the top of the waterfall, which overlooked much of the forest area. There was a pool that formed in one of the lower sections, and we learned from the Honduran experts how to cliff dive properly! I also learned how to sneak behind the waterfall to the cavern behind What an incredible experience!
Rapids Jumping
White Water Rafting Newbies
The surviors of the waterfall ques…
ipegleg says:
That sounds intense. What kind of travel insurance do you pick up for such an adventure in Honduras? I'm heading to La Ceiba in a week; hope to see the park.
Posted on: May 11, 2008
travelman727 says:
What a fabulous adventure!
Posted on: Feb 04, 2007