White Sand Dunes

White Sand Dunes - the pond and pine trees

White Sand Dunes Mui Ne Reviews

littlepetto littlepe…
Jewel in the southern Vietnam Apr 05, 2011
If you have limited time in southern Vietnam, skip the popular Mekong Delta and headed north east of HCMC instead, there lies Mui Ne, a tourist spot famous for its beaches and dunes.

We booked the Binh Sahara tour guide and rode their jeep early in the morning, along the quiet fishing village. It was the perfect time to catch the sunrise at the white dunes. At that time I had no idea what a dune like, but since it near to the beach I was thinking it might be something similar with white sand beach. Well... I was wrong, 30 mins of journey took us to a quite remote place with no trace of beach nearby. As subtitute, there's a lotus lake with tall pine trees at the side, a small hut and a grassland surrounding it.

After we passed through all that, we were suddenly faced by the dunes!! With white sand all over it, we immediately find a good spot to watch the sunrise. Within minutes the sky were getting brighter and colorful, it was really an unforgetable scene for me. As the sun getting a little bit higher, we tried the recommended activity, which is sliding down to the so called 'valley' sand. It was really fun but climbing up after the slide was a bit of challenge since it's quite steep and the sand really hinder you from going up.

Our white sand dunes tour ended with a glass of Vietnamese black coffee near the hut. The aroma blends well with the surrounding, peaceful yet amazing ;)
sunrise
peaceful moment
sliding time
the pond and pine trees
richizz richizz
Great Ride May 06, 2010
Hire a motorbike and ride to the white sand dunes. About 25km outside Mui Ne, this is a great ride with brilliant views along the coast and really good, empty roads. Get good directions! And take care on the sand part of the road when you arrive (I didn't and fell off!)

When you get there, it is like a mini Sahara and totally out of place in Vietnam!

Related Travel Blogs About White Sand Dunes

White Sand Dunes, Red Sand Dunes, Dune Slides and More Dunes!
Today, I signed up for a 2-day-1-night Mui Ne tour, this time with the highly recommendable Sinh Cafe.  I decided to get out of the bustling city of Saigon as I’ve pretty much seen everythi…white sand beach of Mui Ne.   Located on the outskirts of Mui Ne town, we reached the most famous Vietnam sand dunes
the charming mui ne
this must be my best backpacking xperience so far, may be it s because i got a cheap rented bike to go places surrounding mui ne, though the gasoline is xpensive ! mui ne beach is simply the awsome …mui ne beach to white sand dune , should be 30 - 40 kms away(Sorry the bike's meter was out), under…
Mui Ne Map