White Island

Camiguin, Philippines

White Island Camiguin Reviews

j9_36 j9_36
Luxury of a white beach but not heavy on the pocket :) Jan 03, 2012
I am born and raised in Bukidnon in Mindanao, Philippines. Whenever I invite friends not from my place I usually suggest this place because the Island itself has so much to offer. But I so love the White Island the most.

It is best to go there early in the morning because there are no shelters. It is totally a sand bar. You can go there by boat, or if you are staying at Paras Beach Resort they provide speedboat or by a banana boat ride. If you can bring umbrellas, do so since it would be very hot when the sun rises.

When you reached the White Island you will have a very nice view of Mt Hibok hibok and other parts of Camiguin. Aside from swimming you can snorkel as well because there are a lot of diff small and colorful fish.

This is one place I will not get tired of coming back :)
yheleen yheleen
White Island with a Great View :) May 22, 2008
Camiguin is a well-loved island in the Philippines and one of the things tourists and locals love the most is the White Island which is actually a sandbar about two kilometers with no vegetation, no trees, no shade (well, except for the small huts recently added).

Its sand can rival that of Boracay and the Naked Island of Surigao..

What I also love here is the picturesque Mount Hibok-hibok and Old Vulcan which serves as its background.

The island is ideal for swimming, sunbathing, snorkeling, and shell collecting.

For accommodations near the white island, you can either try Paras Beach Resort (where we stayed) or the Secret Cove Beach Resort.

You can reach Camiguin best thru Cagayan de Oro City (coming from Manila by plane). Then you ride a bus (Bachelor Express) going to the Municipality of Balingoan where ferries will take you to the capital of Camiguin - Mambajao. From there, you can easily get transportation going to the White Island.

Also, there are ferries from Cebu that makes Mambajao as one of their regular ports of call. It has also an airport for light planes. The ferry from Balingoan anchors in Mahinog in the northeast while cargo ferries usually dock at the Guinsibilian Wharf in the southeast.

Enjoy the island my friends and Camiguin as a whole :)
i had the fun of my life in the wh…
going there with friends

Related Travel Blogs About White Island

White Island of Camiguin
According to folklores, when giants still inhabited the world, the island of Camiguin was once part of the mainland Caraga.  One day that naughty piece of land explored the nearby seas against t…island of Camiguin was there.   The tiny white island nearby was said to be her comb. I have been…
Bohol V.2.09
It was raining in Tagbilaran City when we arrived. Cebu Pacific flight was delayed again, but since we had made an earlier reservation to our hotel, we chilled out at ICM (Island City Mall)and  …Island is better than Camiguin White Island. 3rd day: Sagbayan Peak We left Alona at around 8am and headed to Sagbayan…
White Island, Camiguin
 I met a burn accident when I was in Camiguin for a holiday in year 2007.  But I didn’t allow the burn to completely ruin my holiday though.   Early in the morning, from Caves Dive …Camiguin for a holiday in year 2007.  But I didn’t allow the burn to completely ruin my holiday though.   Early in the morning, from Caves Dive resort…

Compare Mahinog Hotel Rates (12.9km away)

White Island Map