Where to go for nice views

Prague, Czech Republic

Where to go for nice views Prague Reviews

WalterC WalterC
Visit both if you can Mar 09, 2011
When visiting Prague, which one offers nicer views of the town, the Clock Tower or the Bridge Tower? Well, start off with each place has to offer.

Clock Tower, also known as the Old Town Hall Tower, where the Astronomical Clock is, gives nice views of Old Town Square, and the surrounding Old Town area. And while you can see Prague Castle (barely), you will not be able to see the Charles Bridge and the Vltava River. Plus you can see the tourists gathering together at the top of each hour, and see the jester blow on his trumpet.

The tower on the Charles Bridge, gives nice views of the river and see the entire bridge, as well as a better view of Prague Castle, and a different side of Old Town, and better views of the area on the other side of the river. And there is a short film on the history of the bridge, which is interesting, but only if time permits.

My answer – visit both if you can.

Other things to consider…

The viewing area is less cramped at the Charles Bridge than at the Clock Tower (where it can be very tough for people to pass each other). But the Clock Tower does have an elevator, while the Bridge Tower does not.

(NOTE – I know about Petrin Tower, but I did not get to visit, so I can’t comment on the views. And it is a bit out-of-the-way, so getting there can be challenging)
from Clock Tower
from Bridge Tower
Africancrab says:
I'm yet to travel to Prague. thanks for sharing.
Posted on: Nov 15, 2011

Related Travel Blogs About Where to go for nice views

Going Around Prague
I decided to get up really early, and learned that the hostel did not serve breakfast. So a head start to Old Town, as I wanted to see it without the crowds. Once I got there, it was basically empty.…nice views of Prague. Did not stay long, as I planned to go up one of the towers later on. I went…

Check Prague Hotel Deals