Where to Eat in Atlanta

Atlanta, Atlanta, GA, USA

Where to Eat in Atlanta Reviews

redbullapril23 redbulla…
favorite places to eat in atlanta May 12, 2011

These are in no particular order………….

1. Quac Huong- Vietnamese in Asian Square on Buford Highway. I love this place! Abso freakin lutely love it.

I get beef Pho (a Vietnamese beef noodle soup served lava hot to literally cook the noodles and meat as theyt bring it to you) with tripe(intestines). The special combination Bahn Mi(a Vietnamese sandwich composing of french bread, Vietnamese mayonnaise, some veggies, fresh cut peppers and whatever meet you get) I like the special because its beef tendon, beef, and liver patte.

My favorite thing to order after a hard workout is the pork plate. #53. Its white rice topped with 2 fired eggs, shredded tendon, egg cake, and Vietnamese bbqed short ribs. Loaded with flavor and protein!!!!!!

2. Pho Viet- Buford highway at the corner of Dresden and Buford highway.

I love the tripe and tendon pho. The pho is probably the best I’ve had.

3. Brookhaven Bistro- located on Peachtree Rd in Brookhaven connected to Nuts n Berries health food store. Chef Chip is the best cook I know! He has traveled the world and gathered recipes and his own style of cooking from it. They have the freshest ingredients and the healthiest. They have it all. From turkey and salmon burritos to smoothies. They always have a weekly special and very nice soups. Chip caters to people with specific needs such as vegans or people with food allergies.

I get either one of the burritos, the special, the peanut butter cup smoothie or the honey bee smoothie.

4. Fellini’s pizza. All over Atlanta. I love everything here… the house salad, white pizza, Hawaiian, the special, veggie and the calzones. They have some cheap beer deals as well. It definitely feeds my cheese cravings.

5. R Thomas-24 hour health food restaurant. Located on Peachtree Rd near Collier intersection. This is the only restaurant here that has some what expensive food like $10-20 for an entrée.

I love how you can get a fresh coconut to drink here and then they crack it open for you to eat the pulp with a spoon ……mmmm. I really love R’s Grilled range chicken with the dragon sauce. Hands down best tasting chicken I’ve ever hard. Its moist and full of flavor.

The Thai express bowl is another great choice. Quinoa with Thai peanut sauce and meet or tofu. Truly a home run.

They also offer breakfast. Did I mention they are open 24/7? That means you don’t have to eat junk when you’re drunk at 3 am

6. Dave’s Cosmic Subs- Located on North Decatur Rd in Emory Village.

one thing to know. you must get the Ruben here. While all of the subs I like the Ruben stands apart. The owner Joel Marcus knows his corned beef and gets it specially from New York. It is a experience that you must try.

7. El Myr- little 5 points on Euclid. This gets my favorite burrito award!

I had a steak burrito for lunch one time and it blew my mind. the meat was perfect and it was huge i almost couldn’t eat it.. that’s right I said almost.

8. The Vortex – the burger palace…. a couple here in Atlanta. I hate that they allow smoking here. Times change and they need to as well.

With that being said they have the best burgers in town. With your choice of turkey, beef, bison, ostrich, and veggie…. they offer anything an everything on your burger. If you’re really hungry or are post marathon on the day order a triple bypass. I love the fried plantains here they are kick ass. After a really hard weekend and you need 10,000+ calories try the Super Stack Heart attack. Its a whole pound of beef, 10 slices of bacon, 8 slices of american cheese, 2 fried eggs and its all shoved in between 3 grilled cheese sandwiches.. oh yea they give you a side of fires and tots covered in a cheesy goo.

9. Taqueria Del Sol- all over Atlanta. Amazingly simple yet so good. they make just enough and serve until they run out. Try the fried fish tacos and the por tacos. I really like how they have free oranges just around the restaurant for you to eat. definitely my favorite tacos in Atlanta.

10. Zyka – Indian food on Scott Blvd located next to the old for dealership right at Church St and Scott Blvd. Wow is this place amazing! Zyka which I think means “the Taste” is just every good taste known to man. Chicken tikka masala(a spiced curry), roti, and their house specialty CHICKEN 65. the Naan bread is phenomenal. Also order the said of Raita (a yogurt based semi sweet liquid with tomatoes, cucumbers and salt) it really cools you off.

Related Travel Blogs About Where to Eat in Atlanta

wk 2 cordoba... yum!
Since the beginning of this program, I have eaten out a lot. I say that as I indulge in a crazy layered café concoction at Martinez. This weekend though, was special. My Cordoba travbuddy and I d…Atlanta? Eating out nice is such a treat, especially when you are with someone who is enjoying the experience…
Long travel day
The 8 if us left London in the early morning for the 3 hour drive to Buffalo, New York. Buffalo was a much cheaper option than leaving from Toronto. We took a Robert Q bus so no one had to worry abou…Atlanta..which we spent eating and playing endless rounds of "asshole". When people were tired of cards, we spent…
A Surprise Venture Into Another State
My grandmother's friend had offered to tour us around the mountains in Georgia the day before we were to drive back home.  As you can see from before, we went to Georgia's highest point, Tallula…Atlanta).  While we were eating at the Dillard House (which was gross, by the way), our "tour guide…

Check Atlanta Hotel Deals