When to go to Moscow

Moscow, Russia

When to go to Moscow Reviews

portia portia
Jun 05, 2007
The best time to go depends on your definition and cold tolerance. We went in the summer (July), which is the normal tourist season because that's when the weather was most comfortable. But you also have to share the city with more tourists from everywhere. If you go in the winter, it's cold, and maybe there is snow on the ground, the days would be really short, but that may show off what Moscow is really like, and the attractions would be all yours.

What to pack? definitely your camera and memory cards/film. Umbrella, sunglasses, hat, money belt to put your valuables in. If you do go in the winter, more warm layered clothing, otherwise, it's not that different from what you would pack going anywhere else.

Related Travel Blogs About When to go to Moscow

Moscow our last free day here
Wake up for another great day in Moscow. Go for breakfast again and have another amazing all you can eat buffet downstairs, and I am feeling great. We meet up with Galina and head out for another ad…Moscow. Go for breakfast again and have another amazing all you can eat buffet downstairs, and I am feeling…
Must Go To Moscow
Here I am in Moscow; in the land of the Tsars, communism, famous personalities like Lenin, Trotsky, Stalin and some very friendly people.  Okay, I exaggerate a little – Russia is not known…Moscow (you can see where I’m going with this can’t you?) Upon arrival in Moscow
From Russia With Love
  From Russia With Love How we were able to go. The thought that I could actually go to Russia with a 3 day side trip to Stockholm, Sweden and do this for free was mind boggling to me.…Moscow River carving it's way with sharp "S" curves going back and forth through this awesome metropolis. Very…

Check Moscow Hotel Deals