When in Manila

Manila, Philippines

When in Manila Reviews

Laurasteel Lauraste…
Oct 20, 2007
When you jump into a taxi in Manila make sure you tell the driver to set the meter. Dont agree with the price he may give you, tell him you will pay what the meter says and thats final.

Keep a lot of change on you for pedicabs, jeepneys and tricycles...even for taxis. They usually dont have much change, so you dont want to be stuck somewhere.

If you are a woman traveller, make sure you jump into the metro carriage for women and children. Its a lot safer and better travelling in these. You will find them right at the front of the platform.

Keep mosquito spray on you at all times.

The locals will give you tourist prices so try knock them down, unless you think the price they have given you is reasonable.

Learn a few Tagalog words, it will help alot, and make the locals happy.

Related Travel Blogs About When in Manila

The Charm of Old Manila
“I walked the streets of San FranciscoI've tried the rides in DisneylandDated a million girls in SydneySomehow I feel like I don't belong”   - Lyrics from the song Manila by Hotdog (1970…Manila by Hotdog (1970’s)     So goes the iconic lyrics of the song which defined Manila
Manila Day Trip
I recently came back from my Philippines trip with three of my friends from Singapore - Adam, an American, Elaine, a Singaporean, and Juan, from UK.  Don't ask me how we were able to form t…Manila.  At around 3:00 pm, we finally reached the parking lot of Manila Cathedral.  I figured…

Check Manila Hotel Deals