What to Bring Home from Macau
209 Avenida de Almeida Ribeiro
www.choi-heong-yuen.com - (853) 2835 5966
What to Bring Home from Macau Reviews
Best stuff to Take Home from Macau Nov 10, 2008
One stop at the Choi Heong Yuen Bakery is enough to bring family and friends back home great souvenirs of Macau. Since they have 9 branch shops scattered all over the 4 islands of Macau, it is not difficult to find a shop from where you are.
Best stuff to take home based on the good reviews I got from the people I have given the goodies to, and based on the free tasting I had are the following:
1. Almond Cookies/Cakes- this is product the Bakery is best known for. They are milk cookies with almond bites inside---really tasty.... A big box with the big cookie size of 18 pieces costs about HKD38.
2. Almond Pastries- this is my favorite.---it's not too sweet, has a good crunch to it, and lots of almonds..how can it go wrong? a box of 12 pieces costs HKD24
3. Assorted Pastry Bite Sizes-This is really tasty, too. The variety of pastries in a pack satisfies the liking for different flavors. It costs HKD17 per pack of I think 16 bite pieces.
4. Crispy Pork Jerky- They wrap this in sealed bag and then pack it with a box so it won't break into pieces when you bring them home. It's really a good pair with a bottle of beer in your other hand... It costs HKD49 per pack.
5. Beef Jerky- I'm not a big fan of this flavor, but when I brought it to the meeting table at work, it easily got wiped out. It was pretty popular. The sales lady of the store said it was one of their best products. A pack costs HKD50.
Reading this probably made you hungry. I really suggest you come and visit one or more of their stores to find the best foodie souvenirs back home. It's a no miss...
The bakery was awarded Qualicert by SGS Hong Kong Ltd, an inspection, verification, and certification company which guarantees quality of products.
So, you're assured that products are of great quality... No worries of melamine, that's a relief, right?
Part of the Macau Fever travel blog
Join TravBuddy to leave comments, meet new friends and share travel tips!