Whalers on the point guesthouse

Tofino, Canada

Check Tofino Hotel Deals

Whalers on the point guesthouse Tofino Reviews

Manu32 Manu32
Great Location Jul 25, 2013
This hostel has a really great location. In the shared part and even from my room I could see the sea and enjoy beautiful sunrises and sunsets. You can watch the planes taking off and the boats and kayaks driving past.

Beside that the hostel is clean, offers free wifi (that works) and free parking lots. My room was quite spacious compared to other hostels I have seen. Although it's quite at the end of town shopping center and restaurants are within walking distance.

You have to pay a 10 dollar deposit for the key.

They don't provide towels. Maybe you have to ask because I read something on the information sheet.
View from shared room
Dave Dave
Oddest hostel I've stayed at Jun 23, 2008
I first noticed this hostel because it is an HI (Hosteling International) Hostel, which has a good reputation for running nice friendly hostels. This one, however, is run privately and was nice, but quite odd. They have an unusual very strict 48 hour cancellation policy. When I complained about the fact that they filled the room after I cancelled, and refused to give me any refund, the guy said "It happens to a lot of people. I don't make the rules." I then asked if there was someone I could talk to and he said "nobody." Also, they bus arrives in town at 2:15PM and the office is mysteriously closed from 2-4PM. A person was at the front desk, but refused to check us in until 4. Again he didn't make the rules. It turned out he was the only rude employee, but was also seemed to have the most contact with the guests. Also there was a strange bald guy who worked on his laptop all day and slept in the common area. I talked to the manager about him, and apparently he's friends with the housekeepers and the manager doesn't have the heart to kick him out. Weird right?

Otherwise, the location was great, right on the water. The rooms were nice and clean. There was free pool and foosball. And the rest of the staff was nice enough. It was full every night, so book ahead. If it's booked, I think you can call and get bed in the games room.

Check Tofino Hotel Deals